Saturday 22 September 2018



G'day out there, how's your corner in your motorcycle world? Again, it's been an interesting week, went on a 'lizard' ride last week, stunning parts of the country were seen again for the first time in quite a few years. Did the East cape, just beautiful and pristine. Not a single cloud in the sky for three days. The roads leave a little to be desired it has to be said, good design with flowing corners and cresting hills you can see 5-8 corners going down into the next valley, but the condition of the roads is atrocious. I got bucked out of my seat on three occasions where my feet left the pegs and I was looking back up the road through my legs, so speeds were kept down a bit on the second day. I took an old buddy with me who is just getting back into the full swing of riding again, he's done some commuting in the past couple of years, but big rides, well not so many. He is having a ball getting back into the swing of things, and it's great to be out riding with him again after so many years away from it. He hadn't been around the cape since he was a kid, so we cruised along and spent the time to take the time. Rocked into Napier, sat in the sun at a bar had a beer and pizza, then went to the spa for a well deserved swim. I couldn't help but think as I was soothing away in the hot waterfall; that this is what it means to be out with your mates riding your bikes, enjoying the ride, and enjoying your mates. This guy stepped up for me when I was in the middle of Chemo helping me when I didn't know how to ask for help, so to ride with him together as old mates again was a pure delight and pleasure for me. Needless to say, more than a few Bourbons and Rum went down pretty well that night. It was a great weekend. Who doesn't like motorcycles eh? They bring you together in a way that nothing else does.





These may have been on here before, this is me in a past life, learning the lessons of bent and bruised bodies, I can still recall the heat and the smell from when this image was taken.











































Bang, WTF was that, oh that's what it was

































































Love this Guzzi, I'd happily give up all the 180Hp tourers and rockets that I own for one of these, just love it's style, simplicity and those bags are fantastic. Where can i find one?











Imagine finding a brand new 750GT Ducati, well here's one. So for all of you who wanted to know exactly what the wiring looked like under the seat here it is.




















BANG!!!!!!





























Want some ideas for color schemes, the net is full of them, these ones really did catch my eye, well do those designers










Drool, slobber






Serious????????







Ferrari's latest incarnation, rare as hens teeth and god only knows what the cost will be, but what a stunner



 Check out the engine room of this luxury yatch






































And a flourish of lovely ladies to end this weeks blog.



Hope you enjoyed yourself here in my little corner of the world, please share, pass on, tell your mates, or not, just keep it to yourself and enjoy, who am I to tell you what to do. Haha enjoy see you all out there or in here again.

Ohh by the way here's my current project on the slab, what do you think?



Ciao

3 comments:

  1. Love The Project! There is an Eldorado "barn find" on the facebook Guzzi for sale group I think, look up Charles David Mullendore There are others in great shape for sale from time to time on Wildguzzi.com and Ebay. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice one mate! Keep it up (in the nicest possible way of course)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'd like to recall the Heat & Smell from image No.5

    ReplyDelete