Saturday 13 October 2018


So, here we are again, another week gone by, and things have started to settle down after the last Lizard ride, thank goodness. Had a fairly busy week in the shop bending and fabricating. It's strange but years ago when I was carving out stone and doing shit like that, I used to go into a 'zen' kind of space and hours later, you'd pull yourself from the revere of that and find that you've accomplished something. Well the same thing happens when you bend and form metal. I've really enjoyed the head space of doing it, so in the next few weeks you will be able to see what I've been up to. The bike I'm doing is nearly at the stage where I need to get someone in to do the electrics, I'm dead eyed ( or more precise dead brained) when it comes to electrics, so the brief will be, here's some money get the bike back to me with all systems and all electrics working as they should. So in the interim, it's carry on with the stuff I do know how to do. The first images below are of the bike, with the first outlines of the color scheme. I'm kind of getting ahead of myself with this, but the way my brain works, I need to go through 10000 iterations before the right one comes out, and the right colors too.








See what i mean, you make something, and then after version 4 you end up with something that works

 




This is probably one of the only Hondas that looks great


Dianese have opened up their museum, this is what was hanging in the back room, amazing history









what do you call a gathering of ZRX's?....amazing I think, love these bikes

Very pretty Griso







What lovely form, I'll give it to the kawasaki gentlemen, they just know how to do it.




Great paint
Perhaps one of the best customs I have ever seen. Just take a moment to check this one out, perfection

















How to house train a yamaha race bike....woof
SR400 goodness right here

I've always loved this motorcycle, so clean, simple, and yet so so fast





My happy place







How nice is this Yamaha, it has the correct styling, the stance, the balance, this is one nice retro-mod, that's for sure



Every good ride should end like this, good company, good food, great wines, and a chance to sit back and reflect on a good days riding with your mates

























I am truly lost for words here........



Every tunnel deserves an extra Brrrapppp as you go through



Still the prettiest rear end....the image above that is



Side saddle at the DGR in Paris, they just know how to do it




Follow the salted blue road to infamy







Just cos it reminded of my dispatching days in London, I've seen this before back in the early 80's



































Just like my old one, miss this bike even after all these years.









Georges, axe is a little bit broken, a new handle, and a new head will fix it, ouch!!!!!

It's in here because it's out there






































































Well, once again, my weeks mission to get this out has been achieved. I hope you all enjoyed it. I always wonder when I put this together as to how well 'this one' will be received, so if you like what you've seen, follow me on FB, share with your mates and fellow riders, but most of all just enjoy. Cheers see you out on the road. Nearly forgot, I've got a Ducati MHR coming soon with only 3000 k's on the clock, which I am going to do a full restoration on, so if anyone is looking for one nows your chance to talk to me about it. It will be a frame off engine out full blown returned to perfection bike, so if you want  it call me.

2 comments: