Saturday 13 March 2021

Well champions, it's that time of the week again. Had a great week this week, as things settle back to normality for me. I had hardly got back, and I got a call from one of my mates in Taupo "it's on lets go". Well I know what that means, the fish are biting, so pack the truck and off I head for two glorious days on the 'other' side of lake Taupo fishing the little streams. I'm not sure that that really interests you but for me, it is one of life's real pleasures being able to fish some stunning places that not a lot of people get to see. The fishing wasn't as good as expected, but that's to be expected. My muscular strength is not what it should be either, hauling a sinking line for 5 hours straight does take it out of you. So anyway long story short, late nights fishing, early mornings fishing and beggar all sleep on the floor of the boat. I did have some excitement driving home, here I am cruising just north of Tokoroa and then BANG!!!!!!! I had a wheel nut from a truck smash through my window, shit did that give me a fright, I was all over the road for a brief few seconds that felt like an eternity, the cabin filled up with glass like an explosion had gone off. Just as well I was wearing my driving sunnies or I would have taken a eyeful that's for sure. Had it down my throat, down my T shirt, it was every where. FUCK what a close call.  Thank god for laminated screens eh?. By the time I got home, I was knackered and slept for 13 hours' which is some kind of record for me. No stamina these days. Anyways saw plenty of Moto Guzzi's and Ducati heading south as both their respective rallies are on this weekend, wish that I could have gone to the Guzzi one, but the bike is still not ready. So I'm off to Taupo again this weekend for the final round of the superbikes and to see Aaron Slight ride the KR around for a few laps, that should be great to see. So, that's about me for the week get out there enjoy that last of the warmer days, have a great time and be kind to your friends and mates. Think before you act.



Love this time of the year when the MotoGP boys get out on their new toys and have a play. It's always hard at the start of the year to keep up with whose who, and the new color schemes, but I love it. This year Yamaha are celebrating 60 years of racing and the bike that Cal Crutchloe is riding is simply stunning. The aero packages are out of this world, with Ducati leading the way. The Aprilia looks like its front end came for a Harley, this is very strange, but check out the images.





The old above and the new below, don't know which one I like more.

The Suzuki looks pretty good







No Motofest this year, so a great image of Phil Payne playing with his 500 from a year or so ago. Typical shot really








I recall days like this at Manfield, not as big but you know what I mean






If you never did, you missed something


Now how would you customise this to make it better?








I think this would be a lot of fun.



They went through a few, and probably diminished the worlds stock of them by about 25%





































Pretty well out there really, what a beautiful motorcycle
















Never owned one, thank goodness, but they transported an entire generation of students and commuters





What is going on with that lower front fairing? Aero?
These GP bikes had aero sorted





A very very nice Indian, well done to you sir












Love these bikes, not yet a classic, but wait a couple of years. Get em while you can










What a great shot, this is how racing motorcycle's feels.
Oh yes, this bent the minds of many a young man














One of our most stupidest Green MP's said "most NZ'ers" would be offended by this plane flying in our skies. Stupid is as stupid does I suppose. She just had to get in the news for any reason. She forgot about the Sopworths, Spitfires, Kitty hawks, DC3's, and almost every other plane that was designed for war sitting on the ground behind her. She also conveniently forgot that with out these, she wouldn't be able to talk the way she does. Stupid greenies ( said in a Homer Simpson voice)









I have a deep soft spot for these

























This is what I was talking about at the start. Sunrise over Taupo, by a river, having a coffee, arm is already tired from hauling line, what a moment, and beautifully caught by my mate Peter. Battell.



And this is what you get, there's not much better except sitting in a whiskey bar with your mates after a long days ride somewhere, anywhere, as long as you do it.



Ride on Ladies and Gentleman.















4 comments:

  1. Don’t you love the way the greens feel qualified to speak for most of NZ ?
    Rant over, some great images. Don’t see any trout though :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some fantastic images again Grant. Please tell me the bloke with the nose was photoshopped lolšŸ¤£

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic Grant, love the planes in this blog! Agree 100% about that stupid green MP..WTF. Great as always

    ReplyDelete