Saturday 11 December 2021




Well, here we are, the last blog for the year. I know that it has been a bit intermittent in the past couple of months, but through one reason or another that is what it is. I managed to limp home from the last lizard ride, hit a pot hole and by the looks of it, I've managed to write the Diavel off, if that's what the assessors say. Bent the rims, rammed the forks over 20 mm up through the triple clamps, one side more than the other. Ruptured the fuel tank ( god knows what that has done to the frame), broke the belly pan, damaged both side panels. Pretty much sums up my year to be frank. So I am waiting to see how that all pans out. Been a bit of a disturbing year what with covid, friends going feral, garage issues, bike issues, health issues you name it things have certainly transpired to go west in one way or another. I'd not be honest in saying that I feel particularly pissed of with this year and it has left me feeling a bit flat for some time now. But here we are, I'm still alive for the now and I must endeavor to try and take things at their best and carry on. So the blog carries on. There have been some amazing motorcycles come across my desk this year, and it always makes me feel good to see such amazing design and build work going on. It never ceases to amaze me that people can come up with such brilliant builds, and some with very little or no budget. Some obviously have had huge amounts of cash thrown at them and it shows. I congratulate each and everyone of you people out there who are busy at making their bikes unique, and like no other, so well done. I've also noticed that there is an awful lot of just straight restorations going on, this makes me happy too. It's always great to see classics out there. Just the other day i saw an absolutely mint RZ500 being caned across the Kaimai's, it was a sight to see. Pity I was going the other way, I would have liked to have chased the guy down and have a bit of a chin wag with him. Just lovely. So this weeks ( months?) blog has a fair bit of restoration motorcycles going on in it. So enjoy. I hope you all have a great Christmas and new year, (no Wanganui this year boo hoo), and be careful out there. Watch our roads, they are in terrible condition ( someone has to do something about this), enjoy your mates and give that other rider going the other way a wave. It's always nice to be a part of the group that we are.






Sad to see this guy go.
Who can ever forget this.

It's for sale, not very original, but it's still out there





I saw one of these for sale, $13000, I thought that's a bloody bargain
Still love these















Who remembers these. I saw my first one in London, it was amazing

Love this


Nice entrance, I wonder where my stolen 996SPS is now
I've always loved these








Road going and legal, how nice is this?
Trikes have always tried to kill people


So damned ugly beautiful
We used to see Triumphs like this all over the place










Love this Guzzi

















Lust











If you look closely you can just see the top of a can, that's how deep the pot hole was that I went through, and look at the general state of the road

This is where I love to be, an image taken on a trip I did a couple of years back.
My Daytona, this was a beautiful motorcycle
A monster that I painted up a couple of years ago. Quite liked the end result

















The Diavel about ab hour before clattering it into a bank











Had to wait 3 12/2 hours to be rescued. Doesn't help when your phone goes flat three seconds into tell the towie where you are.


I remember these places, in Napier there used to be one called the Beehive, it was amazing






















just sublime 



















Lizards in Hicks bay






























Those that know, know
















He has the skills to look back











In Uruguay 



There's a lot to be said, to sitting outside this pub having a quiet lemonade










Thinking about buying this as a touring motorcycle





























































Now look closer, all is not what it seems














haha, don't touch that it's hot, don't believe me? OK touch it












A very ti9dy round case, what say you Dallas?






I remember this motorcycle very well.







































































Had one just like this, lovely and where is it?



































































Now go get out there and go ridng with your mates.


Merry Christmas to all my friends and followers.

5 comments:

  1. Once again, a fantastic selection of photos, that Ram air Hurricane made me laugh, would have been a head turner, Thanks and Merry Christmas Grant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant as usual...well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great edition GV. Cafe'd Motus was cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for a wonderful year of the best photographs that embrace everything I love. Keep up the good work, and watch out for the massive pot holes.

    ReplyDelete