Monday 8 February 2021

Welcome back to you all. It's a long weekend apparently, so what better to do than sit behind a PC for a couple of hours and get this done. haha. Went to the classic meeting at Pukekohe yesterday, decided to ride the 851 as it was legal and running. Really enjoyed the ride, got a bit sore and my wrists went a bit numb but otherwise it was nice to back out there on a stunning motorcycle. Not as fast as I remember them, but it still has a bit of went in it . Perhaps it needs a bloody good tune. So went to the classics and I do have one gripe to the meeting organizers. $25.00 entry for Saturday and we got to see three lots of practice which basically entailed a few motorcycles going, well not very fast at all, a long lunch break, then another practice run for some undeterminable class  and three races. Sorry, but in future I might do the Sunday when there is actual racing on, but Saturday should be 1/2 that cost and you might attract more people to the event. Gripe over. Was good to catch up with some old friends who it seems I only get to see once a year, and great to see so many amazing bikes that you would have thought had died years ago, still looking bloody beautiful, and still being raced. Old faces from our motorcycling royalty was another bonus, Ginger Malloy, and Hugh Anderson. Guys that have raced on the international stage and won more than a few championships between them. The ride home was terrible, we decided for some strange reason to come back through the Gorge Paeroa to Waihi, did a lap of Paeroa and carried on. But the road from Waihi to Tauranga was 30KPH sign posted and double yellows the entire way. What should have taken about 20 minutes took50. It was and is a joke. It played havoc on my wrists and knees that's for sure. So anyways onto this weeks blog, I got asked yesterday " why do I do this?". I answered " you know I don't really know anymore". I'll have to do some thinking about that while I pound the keyboard getting this one out. haha. Anyway people enjoy the weather, your mates, and your bikes, see you again soon. Oh a question, while sitting in the stand yesterday, A guy walked by and looked at me like he knew me, I nodded to him, and he say G'day, I replied G'day mate and he carried on. Who was that? I felt quite bad because I think I have spoken with him in the past and I feel like I should know him. So if your reading this, I apologise.








Pretty sure this is Chris Haldane riding the Britten this week





I wouldn't be so happy



Millions of dollars worth now.







Haven't heard much from Bruce lately, thoughts are with this guy that's for sure.






Had a long conversation about the Ducati DNA the other day at the Classic bike meet. Everyone seems to have either forgotten the 999 and written it off as a disaster in amongst a whole lot of lovely race bikes. But you know what, they are in that family, they deserve to be in that family, they are Ducati and they are beautiful.



Nice pipes








Just amazing
Third world problems, we just complain about pea gravel









Good sportsmanship is alive and well.


















Aaron Slight and Paul Treacy getting the KR3 ready for the Festival of Speed coming up soon. A Homage to the two stroke, Looking forward to being there
Road food finery



Sex erhhh on wheels












I dont know I just like the image


















Just...............just 




Aaron giving the KR3 what it deserves












I know its been on here a couple of times, but every time I see a new image of it, I just go "Wow".







Well someone has to collect them.
Only in NZ. Great shot















I might buy one, if they dont make it too fat and too slow, but I love this design iteration of the old GSXR






Trouble a foot here that's for sure.



































































 
Well once again, that's all folks. Have a great week, see you all out on the road.







16 comments:

  1. Another excellent selection. Don’t know why you do the blog, but I’m glad you do. I look forward to it every week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings from DOCWA
    DUCATI OWNERS CLUB OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA
    WE LOVE YOUR WORK
    THANK YOU

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant selection as always. Please keep up the good work, it really is appreciated, I look forward to every edition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always great photos thoroughly enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome as usual. Good to see Mikes Scrambler on top of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  6. toujours au top, depuis des années. merci pour ce super moment

    ReplyDelete
  7. like a double shot of caffeine to the eye balls .... keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
  8. there was about three and a half hours of racing on the saturday of the pukekohe classic festival, it's followed the same format for so long that it should be no surprise there is practice at the beginning.

    ReplyDelete
  9. As always great photos and subjects, as to Pukekohe be happy we still have it. (:-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cheers Grant. Awesome, as always

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cheers Grant. Awesome, as always

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bloody hell that's good. Luv ya work!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yet again Grant thank you so much you make my day/week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Never seen that shot before. looks like i was in front for a moment at least must have burgled it.

    ReplyDelete