Saturday 15 August 2020



So here we are, and here we go again.Just as it seems we are getting back to normal and starting to enjoy the weather on our bikes, another cluster fuck is about to happen. I had occasion to drive from Wellington to home yesterday and for the first time in ohh forever I did not see one motorcycle , and it was a perfect day blue sky's, 12-15 degrees, no road works happening anywhere, and not one motorcycle. However, here on my page there are thousands of motorcycles for you all to enjoy. I am still amazed that I have put out over 360 blogs, all with over a couple of hundred images contained in it, and yet every week as I search I still come up with more and more images to put on here. You would kind of think that the well would run dry so to speak, but every week there's another cafe build, there's another custom, there's another restoration, there's another resto mod. It makes me glad that people are still out there.making their bikes the way that they want them made, and taking a real pride in their ideas and concepts. It's amazing how attached to your motorcycle you become after you have changed something on it, or rebuilt it. there is a real deep inner sense of satisfaction knowing that you have achieved something with you bike, and all the while instilling a ownership of your bike. I guess that's why this page is here for you all, a quiet moment to get away, some inspiration, some ideas. With lock down potentially looming, perhaps it's time to get back out in the shed and start making plans and getting your hands dirty, so that when summer does  finally hit, you can wheel your pride in joy out into the sun in it's new clothes, and go riding on a bike that no one else has. Escape!!!!!!!



The late and great RH. Jesus they are a long bike!!!!



Harris framed Bevel;s are a very very pretty motorcycle



















Yamaha have always made exceptional petrol tanks, oh and their bikes aren't too bad either.

































Love the work done to this old bevel.









This would just kill me, I have absolutely no concept of how this works and much prefer to hand this over to someone who does.

The old, and still very nice
Possibly the new, and nicer even still. This is perhaps the first motorcycle to come out of Japan in an age, that I've looked at and thought to myself" Now that is a bike I would have". I mean it's stunningly stunning, tat classic old and new look. And to think this comes from the Company that really had an opportunity to do something great with the Katana, only to go and fuck it all up. If this bike comes out, I will be having a very serious look at it.


Yep, I think he got that one wrong


They just look angry don't they?













There was always that kid in your neighborhood....ohhh wait that was me haha































I don't know about you, but this would kind of piss me off.















This is very pretty


A table full of goodness










Beautifully executed, stunning paint, finish and fit. Well done
































Got one of these in the shop at present, quite exciting to see how it comes out.




























 How nice is this model.

Well guys and girls, that's me for another week. have a great time in lock down, be productive and above all be nice to one another.

5 comments:

  1. It looks like they’re going to extend lock down back here in the UK again.... my view is that riding a bike is the epitome of social distancing and will continue to ride... just sayin😉

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Grant not just for the images but also your thoughts on things motorcycle tinkering

    ReplyDelete
  3. Top man your field Grant. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete