Saturday 12 September 2020




In an attempt to be more prompt with the blog, I sat down this morning and proceeded to get it underway. However something went wrong when it loaded the images and there seems to be a few double ups. I went through to try and delete them out, but thought what the hell, you'll all enjoy them anyway, so please forgive me if you do see double up images, it's early in the morning, my eyes are blurry from sitting up all night watching the MotoGP qualifying from Misano. I thought Rossi had it, now for me and a few others I would think, wouldn't it be great to see him stand on top of the podium for his 200th podium visit. I mean 2nd or 3rd would be great, but on top would be the culmination of an amazing career in motorcycle racing. Still haven't got my Guzzi back, but I'm not pushing for it, rather have the job done well. The Ducati F1 is taking strides forward, everyone that has come into the shop is amazed that a bike that was so sadly neglected can be transformed back into a thing of style and beauty.It is starting to look really good even if I do say so myself. I'm going to be asking silly money for it when it goes up for sale, and if it doesn't sell then I don't care, I shall just keep it until it does reach silly money.  I got offered over 4k just for the tank last week!!!! One of the first hand built alloy tanks, you can still see the hammer marks on the underside where Giuseppe beat it into shape on a Monday morning back in 1984. My riding group ( The Lizards) have organised a ride in a few weeks which I am looking forward to, it's going to be interesting to see how things go. Over 25 riders, which is something that I don't like, far too many for my liking, but it's a weekend away with some fantastic people, all very capable so it should be fun. I had a call from an old riding buddy from years ago, he was asking about getting a bike transported from Wellies to Tauranga, I told him that I was bringing a bike to Wellies so could bring it back for him. He offered me some money to do it, but I said Nah, don't worry about that I'm coming back with a bike trailer so no worries, I'll just do it. I mean thats what motorcyclists do for one another, it's no skin off of my nose, so why not. Only to pleased to help out another motorcyclist. I love this brotherhood that we all have. So anyways enough I here you say on with the blog. Enjoy.







Look how this bike just looks fast standing still. They certainly had some style back int day.





Pure, simple clean and fast







They don't have to be big to look good















What do you call a gathering of Ducati Singles? How nice are these?


























I like the restoration of this XT, well done


You know I think Guzzi's are pretty nice Magni made them even nicerer







Still like the look of the Diavel


This is obviously from an 'interference' engine


A Lizard doing what a lizard does best, pretty sure this is at Manfield, coming onto the front straight




Hahaha

Could never see the point of looking backwards in a race






















Dad giving the kids a thrill on the way to school in the morning






















Where are they all now?




Jesus the work and the hours

From the Depot in Auckland, some of the best food this country serves up on a plate.





Nice seat unit of this triple, it looks really like it should have been there from the start









































































































He would have been 100 this week, all hail this man.
I'd buy one, this is frickin brilliant.

The stump pulling MT01 engine, if you've never tried one, make an effort, they are monumental


Now last week this image came up and someone said that it looked really sad, and did the photographer get permission to take the image. I said it looked stunning, and how dare she be so presumptuous to assume he was sad. he may have been thinking about his life, his motorcycle rides, the ladies that he'd loved, the children that he had, the mates he had played with as a young boy, you can never tell from an image, it's only what you put into it that makes the difference. I love this shot.


Yeah I know your wondering "what the....", but I like this image too.

A very handsome motorcycle



And another hahaha









The six wheel Tyrell. I was fortunate enough to see these racing at Brands hatch back in the early 80"s,m my ears rang for days afterwards, watching Senna battle Mansfield, screaming turbo's and massive down force effects.









Oh the beauty of an engine.

We've all seen this image in magazines over the years, pretty cool eh?

What tales would these boys have had from the Ace Cafe back in the day.
still a nice wee jigger
A famous NZ race shot




I mean, even the old 'porkers' were great looking



I'll take the 916 any day

800 kilometer fuel range, well done






I like this concept a lot


It's all there really












Astons new toy, out next year. These guys know how to build quality, just take a moment to gaze in wonderment at the workmanship going on here




Nice and tidy, like the lok of this bike.
Well that's it for this week. Hope you saw something that you liked in here, a bit of inspiration, or even a moment of quiet reflection. Ciao.


9 comments:

  1. Thank you Grant, a nice way to start a Sunday, some great images.
    Oh,I like wearing Levis :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ALWAYS good, Grant. Some of those shapes are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. double ups were good ,picked up a few extra details on second glance ,had a nice cluster going on there too ,of the good kind

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some real beauties on here this week, both two wheeled and two legged. Always a highlight of the week

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done as always. In regards to your question on where have the Suzuki RGVs gone, check out iconicmotorbikes.com. They usually have some in stock.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously - how the hell are we meant to concentrate on the motorcycles when you show us those other pictures as well?!?!?!!! Lovely lovely

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks as always. Loved the pic of the fellow in the restaurant. Keep ignoring the negative Nancys!

    ReplyDelete