Tuesday 22 September 2020




Well kind of managed to get my shit together this week, and tried to sort out the site, as it keeps doubling up images saved, nearly there. And as I type this, it's only Wednesday evening, so that's a bit of a record. Been a busy week, the F1 is coming together beautifully ( even if I do say so myself), having some small glitches but you kind of expect that. Mainly with trying to source older parts that have just gone too far to revive. Tomorrow we will be putting new cam belt pulleys on, which will present it's own problems I am sure, but I'm learning that restoration is a matter of perseverance, and making sure that you go just the right distance to get a part correct and looking like it's just come from the factory. It is possible to overstep the mark and make things look so shiny and new that they don't look as they came from the factory. I had the engine painted last week, and rejected it almost instantly as the paint was too flat, it was a good job, but it didn't look right. And I have to say every restoration that I have done to date I've learnt something new about not only the bikes but the techniques involved in getting it done correctly    One area that I am finding quite difficult is obtaining the correct nuts, washers and bolts, it seems with this virus shit supplies of some, are not as they should be. I did discover last Sunday that if you go to Miter Ten they have plan drawers full of all sorts of unexpected nuts, bolts, washers, and stuff that you would not expect to find there, so that was a bonus, and even in the right color too. Win Win for all, and a plug for that store. So here we are, lets get on and get some relaxing motorcycle enjoyment done eh? Enjoy your weekend, and your mates, take my advice and take a moment to have a whiskey or a bourbon or two. See you out there at some stage.









I do like these, big and handsome they are






Nice and simple, look good.



Look for a moment and gaze in wonderment, how nice are these pipes?


Simple, not overstated, clean, just fricking beautiful

Noice 







Like the Ducati 916 seat, some design elements are just so right, that they last for years


















This made me laugh, so it's in here, love this image, dad's having a great time, the boys are too, mum is a little surprised







The Rose garden in Wanganui, was always a great spot to watch the action of Boxing day, I'm pretty sure that's Robert being chased by Aaron, who in turn is being chased by Bob









We all love a good Mopar









Well that's a bit wrong, I think he must have had his manual upside down or something











We can't seem to bend pipes like this anymore.

One mans Triumph collection, pretty impressive really
























































The beautiful ones


I always hated that first 10 meter stride, followed by an 8 meter one the a 3 meter one then finding out dirt has no calories



























 

4 comments:

  1. Phew!,thank fk ,for a while there I thought Grant had forgotten us ,thank you Sir for coming through ,I am sure there a weeks you must think no , not this time ,that penultimate photo ,I can relate .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never seen so many shit hot pics in
    one show....thanx.! I'd be more than
    happy though, with that green,humble
    Yam DT360❗...cheers.

    ReplyDelete