Friday 12 June 2020

Hello out there, how's it all going. Another week has passed and winter is firmly upon us. Been down fishing this past week, it was a bit better then last time, shit, I can't handle the cold that's for sure. But I caught a few, and took some for a change. Thought it would be a good way to stoke the larder. My Guzzi is so so close to being a runner, I can't wait to get this thing back on the road. Bought a couple of new bikes too. I've got a Ducati 750 F1, and a BMW R Nine T Pure. As I have plenty of parts for these two motorcycles I should be able to get them up and running quite quickly. Heading down Wellington way soon to pick them up, so looking forward to catching up with family and friends, plus do my medicals as well. Don't like that part of my life, but it's a necessity these days. I have to say I am quite pleased that masks have become a normal way of life, just like the Asians. I think it should become a usual thing if you have a cold or a virus. As I don't have a very good immune system, it's a welcome change in our society. Still home hunting in Taupo, that's proving to be a bit of a drag, but my specifications are quite set ( big garage for a workshop), that I have to be quite picky. I will get one though. Looking forward to settling down again and having a home that's for sure. It's funny, I miss having a home, I used to think Inner city apartments were the go, no lawns, no garage, but now I really crave for those things, so the hunt continues. Well enough of me, here's this weeks Blog for you, hope you enjoy it, spread the word, share the link, and get me out there. haha Enjoy.

This weeks Blog isn't as big as normal, I found myself quite busy this week, so I apologise, but it's still full of great images, and great motorcycles. Enjoy.







 The Konig motorcycle, a wonderful collection of boat parts and a good dose of Kiwi ingenuity.



 Ram Air goodness sitting in a paddock.Oh the pain, the pain.
 Lovely workshop






 That's how all that fits under that.


 This is what it is all about. Great shot.







 Beautiful.







 A garden of lost dreams.

 I remember when my 916 SP got it's 52mm headers, look at them now, WOW
















 Actually, that looks pretty damn nice






















 The 900SS, will one day be considered one of Ducatis classics



 Wow, just Wow

























Imagine living in an apartment complex, where one of the covenants was that you had to have a classic car, or a collection of motorcycles, and part of that complex had it's own workshop where you could play all day. Imagine the evenings, and the weekends where everyone gathered to offer sound advice, a hand, and a few whiskeys. I'd live there, I would.

















What a lovely little engine this was/is.


Hmmm, the FZR seat doesn't really work for the bike, proportionally it's wrong but it's his bike, so as long as he is happy, or she who knows eh?





Nice brick.













There is just somehting about these bikes, that keeps me coming back to them, they have presence.



Only those that know, know.










Now this is one stunning motorcycle, it flows, it has proportion, and is painted perfectly, well done, love it.







































5 comments:

  1. Your time in creating this escapism weekly is appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, start that retirement community. I would buy in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great set of pictures, as always thanks for taking the time to share - please keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete