Saturday 13 July 2019


Well, even if I do say so myself, I've excelled myself this week, with so many images that even I am not too sure if there are double ups. never mind, they are all worthy of mine ( and your) attention. It's been pretty quiet at the shop last week with me being in Wellington having my latest raft of tests, needles and the like, but I did get time to catch up with my family, so that is good. And this week I'm still sitting on my Todd waiting for the paint to finish, He's been sick as well so can't complain too much about that. Sometimes these things happen, and over the years I've learnt to become somewhat circumspect about things. As I sit here the cafe sports world and custom world grind on, new bikes being made all the time, new ideas coming out and as always stunning images for everyone to enjoy are constantly popping up. 
So apologies in advance if there are any double ups, what am I saying, I don't care, you'll just have to look at the same image twice. haha, enjoy, see you all next week maybe, just realised that I have to go fishing next week, I can feel it in my brain, that I need to get into as good head space again, so a wander along a river might help calm me down. Or go for a ride?



This week just gone was the 25th anniversary of the release of the 916, hence the first image is of that bike. To this day there has never been a bike quite like it, and to think you can still buy them for less than $10K. Unbelievable really, that such an iconic motorcycle can be had for so little. If I were you I'd be buying them in any condition right now and just putting them away, as in 20 years time they will be bloody rare as hens teeth, and they will cost more than your average house. They aren't making them anymore so get them while they aren't worth a lot. ( Did I just say that?)









 This guy is now elevated to GOD like status, I mean how can you be so good?
 Pretty, I love it when someone decides to do better then the factory, I would have done the Ducati Logo in chrome though.

 Like the fairing treatment on this bike, pity BMW couldn't do it themselves

Looks like a great place to stop for lunch, only the Italians





Sat in many a place like this, and then you realise months later that you should have stayed, just for the summer



 Over the past few months there have been a lot of these on my blog, it's because I am learning about them and constantly trying to improve my knowledge of the bike, so I get to see a fair few images as I troll the inter web thingy, and then I save them.

How elegant is this?

 A very nice iteration of the Ducati, perhaps a harbinger of things to come eh?

 Ha Ha Ha Ha
A Blokes bike thats for sure.


 Over japan make some interesting bikes.




 The New Zealand team racing at the IOM, in the Maude's cup.. I see my friend Robert sitting in the background ( always his style)









Thundering Guzzi

Kiwi's out there doing it

 Nice paint, even better stitching, lovely work going on here, take a moment to look closely













 They've certainly pushed the boundaries with this VW beetle



 Noooooooooooooo





 This is one very nice TT







 A Ferrari roadster, noice mite noice
















 last one there buys the beers




 I do have a love for Ducati, but I also have a love for Motto Guzzi too.

 Perhaps the worst motorcycle I have ever owned. In it's defense it was a pretty good bike, mine was just an absolute dog, tired, knackered, falling to bits, shook my teeth out from all sorts of angles. I remember the ride home over the Rimatakas, it was awful, wanted to fall over, the steering bearings were so fucked, it spat oil at my boots, my jeans, my face, my hands went numb from the excessive vibrations, just horrible. I owned if for a grand total of 3 weeks. Did I mention slow, yes it was slow. perhaps the most tired bike I ever owned.
















 From this to that, well done




 This guy loves his bikes. He must have taken the red pill, his reality is pretty bloody good.







Drool, love this grey color, love the car too
They are so complicated, and yet so simple





 I mean, what's not to like about it
 Oh baby baby how was I supposed to know





Ouch






 Fuchs those wheels are nice




Italian coffee shops are the best


























 Yes, that's what is


















 Love this image alot. perhaps one of my all time favorites


































































 They actually stopped making the beetle for good this week. The last one rolls out of the Mexican factory on Friday.

My personal favourite, cos I have one.






 My all time favourite car, what a machine



 There wasn't much to them really







 Still one of the best race paint schemes ever, both car and bike













 Back in the day at the Manfield WSBK meeting. Steve Scullion, Dallas Rankin, and Don O'Connor standing in the back ground.

Great roadside food to be had











 Who didn't grow up doing this?





Had this a couple on months back, and just found the picture again. What perfection.











Well folks, that's about me for this week. Feeling a little like the guy below actually









 Have a great week, take the time to take the time.

Ciao





















6 comments:

  1. I believe that the way to tell a Lancia Stratos replica is panel fit. If the fit is good, it isnt an original.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The six pot kettle would be a hoot to ride!

    ReplyDelete
  3. liking the church of Grant Vinten

    ReplyDelete
  4. very good one this week.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The green and silver Seeley Norton "The Big Spender" was totalled a few months ago. Yves now owns this one and has nodded it a bit and.got it back on the road. http://www.bikeexif.com/nyc-norton

    ReplyDelete