Sunday 15 September 2019

Well, its that time again, to get another post out to you all. Been a busy week, sold the F1 to make way for the next project bike, wasn't too happy about that as I really wanted to keep it, but I need to progress builds here. It seems the higher the price you have on a bike the harder it is to sell, which I guess is only natural. I am surprised that high end classic bikes do fetch a premium overseas but here in NZ we still think that they should be cheap as, and as such they are slightly harder to move. But I will keep it all in perspective and once it hits Ebay in the states I am sure it will go. It's a pity really, but that's life I suppose. Sitting here in my office looking over at the MHR and it is truly a beautiful motorcycle and worthy of a collectors garage or a museum, it's that good. Perfect in fact. Never mind I will enjoy looking at it while it stays here.  You will all notice quite a strong Ducati vein in this weeks blog, it happens like that sometimes as images come across my desk, some weeks it's Ducati, others it Moto Guzzi, others it cars, or watches or very beautiful ladies, it's just the way it goes, some people actually have a bit of a moan about it, " hey this is a Guzzi site, how come there's a Ducati on the front page". Really? You just can't please all the people all of the time. I've even promised to not post to one site as there was one person in particular who took real exception to this exact situation, I just think your life must be pretty bloody small, if you take exception to the images that are here, because it's about the entire experience of motorcycling, speed, food, ladies, planes that we all enjoy so much and this collection every week is for those of you who want to find it all in one place. So Dah Dah Da Daaarhh, here's this weeks for you to enjoy, 
And many apologies for the lateness of this post, I woke up feeling like I needed a bit of a head clear, so went trout fishing, and spent the day wandering up and down one of our pristine NZ rivers , thinking about what i need to do in the next few months.







































































 To the Bat Cave




















 Back in New Zealand in the early 80's, when the Police were friendly and any decent small bore two stroke could out run these whales haha

























 What a lot of us grew up with, love em












 I recall seeing this in Lower Adelaide Road, a fine bit of NZ motorcycle racing history
 Me likey this Triumph a lot













 Ive said it time and time again, it's all about the paint










 Nice touches around this headlight, the frenched in look and cover, very well done




 There's a Ducati in there somewhere




























 My all time favourite race b ike was one of these, I loved it, it went well, handled well and was as relaible as, I still know where it is, but it's in a million bits been that way since 1993






 How cool is our new 'Dolphin'.




















The view from my desk this morning


So that's this weeks entertaining episode for you all. I hope you enjoyed it, now time for some more fishing on the Tongariro, there's fat winter trout in that river right now with my name tattooed on their foreheads and written into their destinies.


4 comments:

  1. Awesome Grant, always a pleasure to browse through your selections, no matter what brand, style and type. And the women ... breath taking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great effort this week Grant. Keep doing what you do. Enjoy the river

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks as always. I enjoy the pics and your commentary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete