Sunday 12 July 2020

Hello again, another busy week, got the F1 totally stripped down and everything is off at blasters and painters, so a fairly productive week for me. Have to say that I like getting comments about this page, and generally speaking it's all pretty good, but last week, I got a message from one of the Ducati pages that gets this page that stated, and I may have this slightly;y wrong as the message is so far back I cant find it, but anyway it went along these lines " what the fuck has that got to do with Ducati, stick your wanker CarbonArt shit". I was taken back a bit by this I have to say, I mean I don't have to do it, I make no money from it, I do it so that other who are building bikes, or customising bikes can possibly get some inspiration. Be they Ducati, Honda, Kawasaki, what ever. I do it because some of the images are absolutely brilliant just for that fact that fact alone, I do it so that some people who don't get to see a whole of the internet motorcycle sites can get at least some of the images all bunched together. So to get this kind of response was a bit of a surprise. Like this weeks leading image, not about a particular brand of bike, but a stunning image never the less admittedly it's been photo shopped, but its bloody brilliant. So I have only statement to make to that gentleman, if you don't like it, you don't have to look at it.

So rant over, lets get on with this weeks page, I do hope you enjoy it ( if your the guy above you too, I wont hold a grudge). I'm starting a new page on FB in the next week or so, which will outline the Lizards attempt at a land speed record in 2022, so keep your eye out for that. The wheels to that little project have started already with the dyno being delivered to Wellington in preparation for engine testing. Still waiting for the rules and regs to turn up so that we can figure out the format of the bike, and believe you me, there are a myriad of classes to go through to decide on that. So eyes and ears posted.

These XJR's are a great bike as a platform for a cafe, or custom, and still bloody cheap to buy




 Getting to know my BMW well now and really starting to enjoy the bike, just wish the weather was better.


 This is what it's all about
 Lamborghini are making boats now too. There's a few images scattered through the page to let you see what they are up to. Bloody beautiful


 Noice mite Noice


 A seminal movie of our age




 Ducati make some stunning stuff, you can't deny that.






 Oh yes, if you had one you will know why I like them so much.





 What a great custom this little LC is.
 The beautiful ones








 A Cold Kiwi from years ago, this image crossed my desk a few weeks back, so thought that I would include it.


 Great work and attention to detail on this Guzzi.








 This guy owns just a few triumphs, and yes they are all his.










 This is what Guzzi are all about, they make em pretty but they also make em tough.









 The other side of this page, it's always good to dream about locations far off that you could ride too, that's why I include these









 GOAT, Eddie getting it on




 I also include great food shots as well, because at the end of a day riding, there's nothing better then to sit down with a whisky or a wine with your mates and have some great food.




































 yes the stories are true.













 The most beautiful tank in the world

 This is the F1 that I am currently restoring, engine #22, frame #19, so done in the first week of production, a pretty important motorcycle being so early. I am so glad to have this one. It will be up for sale in a couple of months time once it is finished.

















 They can be quite nice Dallas.













 Not really my cup oh tea, but some do love them, and they are motorcycles ridden, so they have a space.









 What could be better eh?
 Just away for the long weekend.



 Dangerous little mother fuckers these things were, busy little hornets that wanted to throw you off the back at the twist of a wrist. I'm glad I got to crash one.











 Nothing better then getting away with the lads for a weekend, I'll bet these guys have some great fun trying to hold these things through a corner.

 Now this is nice........













 Has anyone stood beside a new generation outboard, they are fucking huge nearly 2 meters in total height, this one has a LS Chevrolet engine in it, I mean they are huge....




 The new 1800 BMW engine is on the line




 Ohhhh yessssh











 They are starting to look bloody good these little racer replicas




 I'm liking what the guys are doing with their brand new motorcycles, customisation is not dead





 Go on Kawasaki, do it, do it haha






 A DR370????





OK, that's it from me this week, hope you enjoyed the page this week, if you have any complaints or issues well they are yours not mine, keep them to yourself, and on that Bomba we are done.


12 comments:

  1. Always good to see. Cheers mate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great blog mate... fuck the gobby blokes chat. By Friday every week, I’m waiting for it to be posted. I’ve owned yamahas. Hondas Vespa (shhh) Ducati and BMW... Ridden many more. Anything bike is good with me. There’s always one hater. He probably broke up with his boyfriend recently.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grant we haven't met, but I'm sure that if we did, we would get on well. I really appreciate the time you put into assembling the blog each week amidst everything else you have going on - not least of all your health. A pox be upon your detractors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grant, I'm with the others, here to sullort and most of all thank you fot the time and effort you continually put into a fantastic blog so thanks, I really enjoy the stunning works of art in here. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with the others, the time and effort you spare to let us enjoy some absolutely stunning works of art I'm sure should be and is much appreciated. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bloody awesome Grant,I love it .. the bikes,women,food and the rest, it's all about the beauty of shape and form. Breath taking.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoy this every week. It can be said ‘ it is none of your business what anyone else thinks about you or your efforts ‘, keep on keeping on. 👍

    ReplyDelete
  8. Grant , very well done as usual. Look forward to them every Monday morning to start the week off right. "F" the nay sayers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Appreciate your hard work. Ignore the one-make bigots

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, as always. As others have said, sometimes assholes make it to this page. For many, including me, it is paradise on the internet. I always look forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. cheers Grant for this guilty pleasure ,all we need to do is scroll along to view your masterly selections ,I do appreciate the time and judgement it must take to assemble these fine images .

    ReplyDelete