Wednesday 4 May 2022


Well, that's it, the last summer ride has been done and dusted ( literally). The Guzzi is back relatively intact. Got a bit of seepage from the rear diff connection, so pretty easy to fix. It was a good ride, plenty of banter and lots to talk about. We had great weather which seemed to raise peoples moods a bit as well. I have to say I am very humbled to ride with this bunch of guys,  and absolutely no personal dramas, just a great bunch of guys enjoying our common love of motorcycles. It seems the group has settled somewhat over the past couple of years into a collective of not only very capable riders, but all good bastards. The places we have visited and the people we have met have only added to that. It seems that no matter where we go, we always end up talking to other motorcyclists and even the old boy on the beach who used to have a BSA when he was younger who could talk the lid off of a teapot. But you take them and enjoy their conversations, you enjoy them as people. I guess that's what makes riding around this country so great. Wouldn't miss it for the world really. So my daughter has come and gone, the shed is finally rain proof ( the roof if on) and the sides are going up as I write). Bought two Paso Ducatis last week, so they will have a garage to come home to. Been helping a mate find bits and pieces for his Ducati GT barn find. It has been quite interesting actually, sourcing bits and pieces. I love the way our internet works, you ask a question and boom there is always someone who has the parts or knows a guy. I love it. So here's this weeks blog for you all to enjoy. Take your time and enjoy.

Love this color, not original but it looks bloody great
















From a ride a long long time ago.





And you thought a Gold Wing was big



Another image from a different life. Loved these TE250's
A Bimota that I restored a coupe of years ago


























The perfect pair.








Was this the inspiration for the Paso?
























Unloading the first 916SP Ducati into NZ. We had a cigar and Chianti party to celebrate. I had it delivered straight to my house. Good times




The barn find Ducati was painted in the exact same color, but it is not a standard color for the bike. Stranger and stranger









My old mate Tim Harding riding his then brand new 750F1. I bought a Paso he bought this. We had a great time. It was a great little bike. Some head work, bigger carbs, Marvics and a pipe, that was all it took to have a great time.
Ohhh that metal. Beautiful 

The Bike Shed from London has opened a store in California. If it's anything like the London store I am sure it will be a raging success. 



Chris Haldane on the last tour with the official Britten team. I was fortunate enough to be with the team when they raced in the Battle of the Twins in Germany ( my 40th birthday present to my self)

Just sold this for a mate to a mate
Ouch

Oh yes


Stocking up for the quiz night, unfortunately we had an off on the way to the digs for the night and the ice melted.

My Guzzi is really tiny in comparison to the rest

Pure motorcycle sex


Not too sure if it's a story about a Mongoose and a Viper, or whether it's about Mark Marquez high siding as he overtake Mir
Glynn's new toy, just perfection
Guzzi in Martinborough










Just about perfect





Dallas, this ones for you haha






Noice





Fuck me that must have made a noise


There's a car out there somewhere wondering where it's engine is





One of these shouldn't be in that room.

I wouldn't mind one of these as well.













Don Tustin, me and I think Paul Gee at Manfield
Should have had my knee down in this image, but I could never get that far off of the bike

I want . We bought one last week, well when I say we, I was there helping to pick it up. 
Me and Don. I actually made those pipes myself putting all those years of working in a stainless steel factory to some good use.

























Aaron doing his thing on the V4








Well it takes all sorts I suppose. Not my thing, but obviously someone out there has a few issues

















Like it in black













Getting a bit close their mate, I think its called commitment







fire proof socks

























oh yes




























































L
I mean how nice is this




























Not too sure, but sometimes I feel like this
Just some of the finest bits of metal ever to grace a motorcycle. Those that know, know





Holt hell that's a biggun. Wonder if it made any noise falling over










 So that's that for this week. It seems that I am on a relentless turntable, so see you when I come back around, somewhere out there on the road. Ciao

10 comments:

  1. So, which one doesn’t belong in that room?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mike Cecchini4 May 2022 at 13:41

      The one on the left. It's a 900SS 2 valve air cooled. The other 2 are water cooled 4 valve.

      Delete
  2. Nice pictures as every month, thx.
    Btw. what mufflers on your '89 DUC Sport ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That a he'll of a splinter in that Audi... great photos as always thanks Grant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well you just keep presenting bloody cool stuff!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Had an Italjet Dragster, few mods, coolest thing to look at and ride in a straight line but went full shopping trolley when hustled in a bend. Near 10y later it seems to have made its way to the scooter shop opposite the old Red Baron in Auckland.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a collection of awesomeness! Fantastic viewing. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic thanks again Grant

    ReplyDelete