Friday 10 June 2022

Well, it's pissing down, can't take the dog for a walk, MotoGP doesn't start until later, so thought I may as well pen a few lines and get this blog underway. I'm having difficulty picking a solid winner for the MotoGP this year. Can't believe how tight the times are and how close everyone is to each other. Less than a second between 1st qualifier and 19th!!! And the amount of binning's is amazing as well. This new generation of MotoGP rider is certainly something to watch. I was also looking forward to this years F1 as well, but they are having problems of their own and for some reason the racing isn't as gripping as last year. It certainly is being 'Americanized', that's for sure. SBK is looking good close racing and bikes that you can easily identify with ( well to a certain degree). Still wonder why Yamaha didn't offer Rossi a SBK seat, build him an amazing bike and let him try and win that championship. He seems pretty happy in his R8 Audi anyways. Well after listening to me gripe on about my garage, by this time next week it will be finished and I can start planning my move. That's if I haven't sold the place and everything and moved again. Who knows what is around the corner eh? But I would like to get some more fly fishing in, that's for sure. It's the perfect balance to riding. best when wet and cold in the winter months. So anyways here we are, another installment for your entertainment. Please enjoy and spread the word about this great little blog. Cheers







I didn't do the DGR this year, they seem to have taken a higher ground and have started stipulating what type of bikes can go on the ride. It seems to have taken some of the fun away from it.
Somewhere there is a garage with a whole lot of RC30's just sitting collecting dust ( and equity)


This is me lying on the ground trying to fix the Guzzi's damn muffler. I was asked if I had any tools, I didn't. The Guzzi went well, but it has a whirring noise that I am not too happy with. 




























Stunning work going on here. Look at the detail.






I still post a few images of these bikes, they are still a lovely bit of kit and thankfully have been overlooked by a lot of buyers, keeping the price of them very very reasonable. A whole lot of bike for the money that's for sure.





















































Pretty









Check this out. Stunning modelling.





This is a model as well.












I must stop posting images of the GT, I only do it for a mate of mine who has just bought one, and he needs a little encouragement.




























































The last Ducati to win at the IOM. Ridden by Robert Holden, 26 years now since he passed.






Last one, I promise








Great paintwork, only to have it thrown down the road twice. That's what you pay for I guess






I still don't know how they rode these things like this.










The one we are building currently looks a lot like this one. can't wait to see it sitting on the ground ready to be ridden.






These young lads are just not holding back.




And an evening in a quiet bar somewhere contemplating life, the universe and everything

 

7 comments:

  1. Superb as always Grant

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was pretty surprised to read that the Supermono was the last Ducati to win at IOM. Really? Why is that? Why is no-one campaigning modern Ducatis and Aprilias there currently?

    ReplyDelete
  3. love all of it. XV920 Yamahas are speaking to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have excelled again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another great blog thank you Grant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There’s something for everyone, a stunning collection of images and a huge amount of work to put it together. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you. Great pics. Good luck with the garage

    ReplyDelete