Friday 5 October 2018


Here, it is for your weekend. I keep doing this early then get sidetracked by other things, but this week all i have to do is work on the bike, no distractions or fishing to get on with. Went to the boat show in Auckland last week, it blew me away, the size of the engines now is just mind blowing, some engines are taller than me, and so wide it's almost impossible to get your arms around them, then outside I saw this boat with dual 627 engines!!!!!! 627 for god's sake, and to top it off they turned out to be diesel. I had to appreciate the quality of the builds, shit if these guys turned their hands to building bikes, we would be made, the quality of the work, the pure craftsmanship was just amazing. Then we did the DGR, which was pretty cool as well, it's great to see friendly people out there doing what we all love, no dramas no personalities just the love of motorcycling. The topic turned to what is the best motorcycle to own, and I'm given to the thinking the best one to have is the one you are on, it's the bike that fits your lifestyle, your choices, it's either fast, very fast, or cruising, dirt, or road, you are on that bike because it suits your thinking of what you want to do, and when you all get together with other riders who ride different bikes, there is none of the "oh I don't like those', but more " do you enjoy the bike". There was also a lot of " I used to have one of those " too. It was great to see what motorcycles are dragged out of the shed, for these rides. I also appreciate the entire movement to these sorts of event as there are some motorcycles that I used to dream of as a boy, that you never see anymore, and what do you know, out they come, it's fantastic. So without further ramblings, out this weeks lot of bikes to inspire you, to get you up off of the couch and into the shed to start building. See you out on the road somewhere. If you see a bike that has a chrome lizard on it, go and talk to them, these guys are true passionate motorcyclists and will always have the time to chat about bikes.























I love race bikes for their simplicity, but this one looks all the better for being a jumble of bits, I mean it looks rough and tough and ready for the battle.














I didn't knew they grew, where do i get a tree like that









This is a bit of me
There is almost nothing better then this, except riding with your mates












































I like this mans thinking




An interesting combo







There's something about this place, I just have to go

























Serious road food is a must when travelling on your bike, this one looks pretty bang on


little coffee shops are essential to good travelling, why can't we have shops like this here?

With that caravan, I'd say he was pretty much screwed











Beautiful.........







Kawasaki always did do god colour schemes

But then Ducati always did build pretty good bikes too,












Cracked me up this mage



Nice......

























Got my license in one exactly the same, pretty cool huh?








































Don't normally, but it's a great shot of speed, and I kinda like that, plus it's my blog












Nice, very nice










































Good company and good evening food is also essential to a great ride out.
















How's this for a whiskey shop




 A stunning garage to have











 With just a little imagination you can achieve wonders






Right then, see you all later, take it easy out there and remember to ride really fast.







3 comments:

  1. Wow. So well done. I have some photos to contribute if you're interested. Get in touch - N

    ReplyDelete