Sunday 21 October 2018


Well, bugger me, was sitting here this morning and thinking to myself, :shit, I forgot about the blog, better get my act together and get it out". I was busy yesterday trying to get a bit fitter, and of course I just had to watch the MotoGP from Japan, to see MM win his 7th title. This 25 year old is going to do great things me thinks. I've never seen a rider fall off so much, get up un hurt and then run to his pit to get his next bike and capture P1. He didn't do it yesterday but pretty close, sixth on the grid to take the win on the last lap. Amazing to watch. He is going to break all sorts of records that's for sure. So, here we are again, it's early Monday morning, Labor Day, and I haven't got my shit together, no fishing, no bike riding, nothing. Finding it a bit difficult actually, like I find most things really. The custom is coming along well, but I find myself having to do stuff twice of three times, because my mental ability to think things through has gone out the window, but that's just something I live with these days, pisses me off it has to be said, one minute I'm building something or doing something constructive, then I find myself elsewhere in the shop doing something completely different, " how the hell did I get her?", is a question I ask myself all the time. It's been that way since the Chemo really, but I am still here, so that's always a bonus. Do I laugh about it, no, I grit my teeth and try to re apply myself to the task. So anyways enough of that dribble, it's time to get on with this and see where it ends up eh? Enough.....here's this weeks blog for you all to enjoy and to share, get on with it, go grab a coffee, or a whiskey and enjoy.



Pretty little race bike













Can't quite get it turn properly then bang, away it goes
These things were out and out beasts in their day





Nice collection of bikes

Now this is amazing, my friend Richard Scott had a bit of an off during a six hour , and this photo was taken of that moment. See the photographer in the back ground?

Well this is his photo, taken at the exact same time as the photographer on the other side of the track took, his. How many times has that ever happened, both shutters open at the exact same time capturing the exact moment and the other photographer, the timing is amazing, and I for one am pretty bloody impressed with this.










Thank goodness for roll cages eh?


Just love multi engined bikes, only ever seen one run and it transfixed me as a young fellow.





Always loved these little giant killers, race, rally, or road, they went like the clappers.







Have to push this thing to about 70k's before they can fire it, the gearing is sooooooo tall.





Ha ha cracked me up
This guy is all class


After a ride nothing better than sitting down to some light dining

There is somehting about this bike....it's been in here before, but it is just about perfect
Not as nice as this, but this is perfect, stance, style and looks to kill, 100mph just sitting there


George did not do so well last week when he had a massive bingle, and this is what happens to a multi thousand dollar motorcycle, the crew must have cringed
Not very often you see a great gold wing, but this one is up there








Mmmmm, drool big time



He's bound to have left something at home























Seems to have been left a bit behind this year, but he still is a ledgend, and a god.
Ouch....the ignominy of it all.


Lovely, even as it stands, miss mine




That'd give you a fright


Food beer and friends, it's what it is all about folks.





Hmmm something wrong here



Flat track in the states is on the rise again, with 3.5 million people tuning in to watch, that's pretty cool



This cracked me up, just making sure that everything is cool





Houch Houch houch

Bayliss taking Daniel Ricardo for a wee bit of track time
Lovely Jubley
How cool is this?
Nice Guzzi, for short rides anyway
Classic, just classic


Texting and driving, we come across this every time we are out riding, this is a lesson learnt, check out where either the front wheel or the rear wheel is, that's it back under the trucks front tyres.





















Another great looking Guzzi








I laughed when I saw this photo, as this was about where I started every time, P13 or something like that, never mind.












And who among you has never done this?











How beautiful is this?



Cool..........














My first ever ride on a 'real' motorcycle was one just like this. My father never took me out again because i leaned the wrong through corners and caused 'some' excitement for him. Haha


Sometimes, I feel like this ALLLllll day









In my books this is all you'll ever need plus N1





Brave young man.
















And with that, that's all folks, I'll leave you with this little GIF of a Bullie waving to another rider, see you out there eh?, and ride very fast....but safe

2 comments:

  1. Thanks as always. And boy I can relate to the memory thing. Thanks for that, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Grant. Another visual feast and I enjoyed every last mouthful!

    ReplyDelete