Monday 10 June 2019


Another wild and wet week, thats for sure. Took the KTM over to the tron for a service, warrant and rego all at the same time, shit it costs a fair bit to keep these things legal thats for sure. Anyways I have a bout of the flu which as the faithful will know is not very good for me, this is the first of the year for me, no wait it's the second of the year for me. It takes me about 2 months to get over them, so not very pleasant. Anyways it absolutely pissed down on me on the way home, the wettest I have been in for a while. Get to the bottom of the Kaimai's and think to myself, " oh well, it's not too long from here, so prep myself for the hill, and just as I get up to speed past the camera on the side of the road, a fucking truck decides to pull out and overtake about 5 other trucks, so here he is sitting in the outside lane for almost the entire trip up the hill doing 37 kilometers an hour. Boy was I pissed off at this guy, when I pulled up beside him to give him 'the wanker ' sign, I look up and he is pissing himself laughing. What a fucken bell end. Tosser in the extreme. So here I am trundling into Tauranga water running from my Dainese wet weather jacket into my Alpinstars ( my Dainese ones got stolen last year), water filling up around my backside, my boots sloshing full of water ( I made the mistake of not wearing my Dainese D dry boots, my Dainese gloves soaked ( these are D dry but couldn't handle that amount of rain obviously), and I slug it out to home. Shivering like forty bastards, I made it to the shower and to the couch. As I lay there thinking about the day I had to laugh, people ask me why do I ride, and I gotta say in this weather I don't know, but I wouldn't swap it for anything, the moments, the people, the rides, the everything about it. Sure its warmer in the Touareg with electric seats, and air con, stereo and all wheel drive, but the satisfaction of a blast on your bike beats that any day. The TT is having its problems this year with weather, which is not good, the MotoGP is on FIRE, how was the Italian GP, gotta give it to them the Moto3 with 14 riders abreast coming into the last corner is just fricken amazing to watch, it's got to be the best racing ever, and speaking of which this is the best blog ever for you all to enjoy

Anyone know where I can get this fairing, I'd love to hear from any of you that might be able to help





Not sure why....but they must have their reasons







 My mate Dallas Rankin on his early Harris framed Kawasaki, at least I think its a Harris, sure he will correct me
 A few of my old mates from way back, Jim ( the Maori bloke in the middle), is no longer with us, which is always sad to recall. Great guy, great engineer, and all round good bastard









 What a pizza oven






 Get your vitamin L here












The lines of age, and a slowish Yamaha are starting to tell on Rossi, but what a rtider eh?













Not your average chopper, check out the engine












































Always liked the Paso, there is something about the bike, that is right.





Lawson in his early days displaying a somewhat Doohanesque riding style









These wer and still are a very nice motorcycle, epic in their day that's for sure.


Loved the new color scheme, pity it looked trashing covered in dirt



My shed, is full of red at the moment, I love it.








Still one of the most beautiful bikes to come out of Italy















My mate Geoff is selling his XJR, this is a very cool motorcycle and worthy of a look

How nice is this wee jigger

BMW's new 1800 engine, looks old but it is everything but



































 6 Built in Aluminium, 5 raced and 1 for the road. here's the one for the road found in a barn in Japan. Amazing
 Great shot of the Italian MotoGP.

My T shirt made it onto the grid of this years IOM. How cool is that?



So that's all for the week, lots of things happening, there might be a move afoot for me, it's time I think to have a home again, and not living in my shed, so planning is afoot. Cheers one and all, see you next week and ride safe


























3 comments:

  1. pretty sure that's the Harris Kawasaki Dallas Rankine is on, you can just see the nickle plated frame rail, wonder what circuit it was on, maybe hawkesbury or manukau early on, i recall he crashed at manukau and wrote it off

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice one. Before you go for your next ride, take a valve tool with you. After the next truckie treats you like that, be sure to let down at least 2 tyres so he is properly inconvenienced. Don't get mad, get even.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, as always. Get well soon.

    ReplyDelete