Friday 13 March 2020



In light of the fact that I have to be away for a couple of days ( medical check ups and the like), I thought I'd get rid of all the images that I have on file in one bumper episode of the blog. It's been a few busy weeks with the Moto Guzzi engine back and getting that ready for its new loom. So I've been quite busy working on it. I'm also trying to buy a new place as well, one that will suit my retirement retirement i9f you can understand that. I'm a bit concerned about this Covid19 as well, and am being very very careful about who I see and where I go. I don't like living like this. Going to have a big talk with the doc's about how I can better protect myself from this. Since my chemo, I seem to pick up colds, flues and bugs at the drop of a hat, so I have to be extra vigilant that's for sure. Spent last weekend at Hampton Downs, very difficult staying away from people, but I managed ok, so I had a very low profile and spent most of my time way way over there. It was really good to see all the legends and those bikes out there being run. Also great to see Jacob Stroud on Glyn's Ducati and going oh so well on it. It was nice to hear the sound of a  Ducati being used in anger, and judging by the elbow sliders being worn, Jacob was obviously pushing the thing along. Jesse Stroud had a big off too, and while not good to see, it was great that he was straight back up again. keep your eye on him, I've seen lots of good riders in my day, this young lad is going so bloody well, it wouldn't surprise me to see him appear on the international stage at some stage sooner rather then later. Had a beaut ride through the Waikato getting to Hampton, what a stunning new bike the BMW is, the high rise bars have certainly sorted the ride position. Country is dry as forty bastards as well.





An oldie but a goody, I should never have sold this bike.




 Every bubble a bubble of goodness















 Some idiots got stuck into me for promoting doing a runner, I suppose they will get their tiny minds twisted over this image as well. promoting fast riding on the road.

























 Lots of comments about road food, so why not


 Now check this shop out, shit I'd be lost in here for years, if you ever needed a part, it's here. I remember shops like this





 











 















It's enough to make a grown man cry.

3rd to 4th must be a bit of a mission




had one of these once too.37,5 seconds around the 4 boundary on a cricket pitch. Late at night with too many bourbons and other stuff under our skins



























And why not, after all it's what they were made for.


















Bicycle brakes, I guess they worked ok.










Love these things, but you knew that
Well that's one way of keeping it cool.



























Love the use of technology, this is amazing








 It may be fancy, but if your on the road, it's OK

Barn find, what are the odds?


And only 40 HP, haha my lawn mower nearly has that now



















The black bit, is held up by the mirrored bit, very clever






Party bikes, they get to the party before you've left home













































There are so many things about this bike that i just love



















See the guy falling off, well he still came second, slid all that way









I'd kinda be a bit pissed off, at the pinstriping




They still live among us.
 Jesse getting some air time































 A member of the Italian table tennis team



Here he is




These boys do try hard that's for sure




I priced this pipe up last week, I guess it can stay there at over $1300 NZD, just for the muffler




And we complain about using phones in the car these days






He can stop now































Quietly chiffed with the Guzzi




So there you have it, I've gotten back from Wellington, all checkups good, putting an offer in on a home in Kuratau Monday, so I will be moving the workshop down there, God I don't know how that's going to work out, moving the shop I mean. So once there, I can work on my bikes, I can fish, I can ride, I can dream again. It will be nice to have a home again. Oh the garage is 14 meters long by 7.5 meters wide, so plenty of room, enough room to let me expand on a few ideas. See you all next week, off to the tattoo expo now.

6 comments:

  1. epic Grant, great content as always

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Grant,made my morning. Good to hear you're on the mend.Stay strong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. once again blessed with this weekend treat ,brain food that piques the imagination ,cheers and stay well

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks as always. That T-3 is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another belter issue.
    Stay safe with the health caper, this shit is real.

    ReplyDelete
  6. stay healthy all , self isolated enjoying CarbonArt Motorcycle lifestiles . (:-)

    ReplyDelete