Wednesday 25 March 2020


Well, it's a different world yet again, the country is in complete lock down, everyone is at home thinking about how the next few months are going to treat them, and wondering whats in store. Our poor Italian friends are in complete melt down, and it looks like a few other countries are following suit. Thoughts to our motorcycle buddies in other places around the world dealing with this shit. So in light of that and while I'm waiting for my carbs to arrive I thought I'd bang an early blog out to keep some of you amused for a short while. Dragged a whole lot of images together quickly, and while I was doing that I came across some of the early Lizard rides that we did down the South Island, ( you'll see them sprinkled through the images)it really bought it home to me, how blessed we really are to have great friends who share the same passion, and what a fantastic country to ride through. And it also made me think that I can't wait for the next one!!!!! So, here we are, keep safe, look after your families and your bikes, help one another if you can, and above all just be nice. I think the world is in for a great alignment, both physically, financially, and mentally. 




While we have to wear face masks now, these guys were doing it nearly a hundred years ago. So the lead image is kind of associated to today's events.





Bathtubs everywhere
 I recall these coming out, always liked their styling



Definitely some work gone into these


This image was taken at a Mothers race day a few years back. I didn't think that these guys existed anymore, but there he was in pit lane getting ready for a race. Check out his jeans and his shoes



 A very very pretty Guzzi
 750cc TDR!!!!!
 Somewhere before the Hasst pass


It's a concept image, but it looks bloody great

 Top of Cadrona I think
 More conceptual works
 Nice garage


 This is the very first Kawasaki Z1, check out the engine number in a later image





 Some crusty old Lizards in this lot






 It would seem that Honda can actually build a bike that at least looks exciting


 How cool is this Indian, new but old, but new, but old








Some of us had massages that night, it was worth it, a great little place to stay, but don't know what its like now, somewhere near The Lewis pass. An interesting smattering of motorcycles too.








Sorry, no one has come even close, still!!!!

 I do like the TT styled Pantahs













 This caught my eye, how to turn one of the ugliest Yahama motorcycles ( XV1100) into a very pretty replica.
 Self isolating, pity we can't do this.
 Frans Joseph I think? Correct me if I'm wrong, no wait i don't care, it's down that way somewhere

 Hmmm, don't know what I was thinking here, someone said I looked worried, but I don't know about that




 Here's that Yamaha again, this builder has done really really well, the shaft drive is a bit fugly, but otherwise it's pretty good
 Nice room
 Leccies on a Guzzi, pretty
























 

 Must have been riding a Vespa














 I actually like this, I would love to do it, perhaps I will.


 The venerable Plastic Maggot, carried many many a courier around England, and endeared themselves to many doubters, it was actually quite a capable Moto Guzz....sorry Honda








 Still love these, and I will own another one one day. Where's my white limited Edition one. someone in the country must own it, I'd love it back

 I'm digging these at the moment too.

































 And now some tasty engines form the past
















 Really?????

 Robert on my 916SP, being chased by Tony Rees, great racing, who would have thought that a bog standard motorcycle could just go so well against bikes that had a full season of development under their belts, but then it was Robert






















 A beautiful shot of a T3 by Neill Roberts, love the look of this motorcycle

 Cool shot
 It's murder on the dance floor




 That bike again







 oh yeah!!!!!!!
And on that note, it's time to self isolate any way you can.


Be safe

7 comments:

  1. Thanks, as always. Stay well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep up the good work Grant. Stay safe, distance yourself. Sounds to me like an instruction to ride😎

    ReplyDelete
  4. I seem to remember that Mal Pitman built a chain drive XS1100 for Greg Pretty in the early eighties.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic as always, all I want to do is get out on my speed triple and head to a cafe ... soon let’s hope!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We need more Grant to keep us sane !

    ReplyDelete