Thursday 9 April 2020



Well, it's Easter apparently, you'd be hard pressed to know that, given what we are all doing at this time. I would have been heading to Wanaka today, and getting ready for the long lunch,having a great time meeting up with old friends and making new. But and isn't there always a but, it's not to be. I'm not too sure on how to feel about all of that, I build up to these trips, ( I have to take special precautions and prepare myself) because they only come along every so often, and here I am stuck in my garage trying to figure out exactly what to do next on the T3, or how you wrap a helmet.. I know I should be grateful for the small things, but I really need a ride. It's amazing how you lose one seemingly small thing that you normally take for granted, and when you can't do it, it leaves a massive yearning in your being. A simple little ride, no where special really, just a ride. So here I am putting this together for you. So lets get on with this, here it is for your isolation enjoyment. I've made this a bit bigger then normal just for you. Please share, comment, I always look forward to that.

Eddie, the maestro
A'int these just lovely, a bit of strange goose, but undeniably Italian



Hmmm, not too sure, I had one of these, it was epic, but i don't know about this one.








Where are they all now?
One of the coolest colors schemes ever to grace the starting line of 500cc GP's














Rough and ready, there is something so very honest about bikes like this

here's mine, been sitting there for far too long














Love these a lot



















How cool is this Porsche.















I am really missing a great road side hamburger too!!!!

























It's murder on the dance floor
Now these bikes have long been ignored, but there really is something very cool about them. Still cheap to buy and in years from now people will be saying " shit those are expensive, they used to cost nothing".












Now can you see why services cost as much as they do, I mean where do you begin.


Love that great big engine just hanging out there.
I should have bought it.





Now that's a dash and a half.










German planes after the war being turned back into pots and pans again.



Bacon, beef and blue cheese, oh what I'd would give......note the lack of green shit too, almost perfect










Love this color






Double A doing his stuff at Suzuka















Doesn't this look good



what I said before , there is something very cool about these






There's something about a Guzzi pot pointing straight up, it just looks fast

That'd ruin your day, cheap Chinese stuff, be very wary


Personally, I would have lowered the rear guard




Not quite the same pulling power as the Ducati 916, but the design has lasted the years and they are still a damned attractive motorcycle,



















Tini Turner piut it to you " you're simply the best".






































There's an awful lot of shit going on under a moto GP bike





































I learnt all about Ducati roundcase clutches on that day.
























My XS650 that I bought a number of years ago.


















The perfect little ending, hope you enjoyed it, see you all next week.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks Grant, enjoy your Easter mate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers again Grant. Lock down has jade it difficult but I have ridden the bike on a couple of ‘necessary’ trips.... Definitely feeling the itch to ride properly though. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, as always. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another great blog, great images. Take care mate. The comment re 900ss has given me impetus to get started on mine !

    ReplyDelete