Monday 12 October 2020

Check it out now, this weeks installment of motorcycling lifestyles and other stuff that interests me, and hopefully you too. Been away for a couple of days having a slide around the North island, visiting various people and seeing some bloody interesting stuff Had a great ride over the para para's, and up the Western Access with one of those moments where the po po come around the corner and we are all being legal like, and you know that he knows, but cant do anything about it. I have to say being able to ride with a number of NZ's top ex racers is a rare privilege, just watching them tip into corners, hit apex's, and run a real smooth line is so bloody good. It certainly helps you pick up your game so to speak. The 950 odd K we did in two days was magic, with only one bike going just a bit wide on the exit, not surprising really when it's a 450 odd kilo Triumph tourer. The rest of the trip was without drama. A great weekend away all in all. So again the blog comes out a wee bit late, apologies for that. Also been back on the river again, I did notice this time around that my energy levels are way low, so perhaps some time to rest up a bit. cant seem to wade up through rapids as well as I once did, so just have to slow down a bit. In a bit of a quandary as well, the BMW nearly killed me ( or my knees at least). Did pretty much the entire trip homer sitting off of the set trying to get my knee straight only to get cramps right up in the groin. So my Guzzi is nearly ready, that's my touring bike, what to do with the BMW as it's riding style is so close to the Guzzi's. Do I sell the BMW? The jury is out, do I return to a Diavel ( my old one has just come back on the market and should I count that as 114, not too sure as I've already owned it), The Diavel was a very comfortable bike to ride, but the Guzzi is going to be my tourer, so what bike should I get next? I like the BMW, I like the Diavel, should I buy an 888 just for around the region riding, or should I buy something else? Oh what decisions. It's actually quite difficult to work this one out, should I keep the F1 that i am currently restoring, or the other R Nine T that I have ( Urban). I guess I'll just have to wait and see. Ohh what a bout a Griso, shit I don't know. Or maybe a BMW F900GS. All fun and games really. Well enough here's this weeks installment, please enjoy.


The Lizards stopped in to see Steve Roberts, Aston on the spit here, what stunning steel work .and a garage full of NZ racing history




Still as pretty as the day it shocked the motorcycling world, and blew the Japanese away

Triumphs new Rocket engine?



There's a lot of guys making their newer Ducati's very pretty these days, I applaud them, as they are doing such a great job


Still a lovely motorcycle, I call these types of bikes Handsome.


Pretty wee thing











These were pretty cool in their day too.



I've alwats struggled with the look of this model, but they are what they are and not a bad wee jigger












Love this ;itt;e Anglia, in out day you jsut had to have one, or have a mate that had one.







Yooikks..........
It's all about the paint
















A concept engine from BMW, looks pretty amazing










How nice does this look?







Change down 2 and gas it I think










Motorcycles do make you smile.


getting down these days is a whole new ball game








Me like a lot














Me and my old mate Chris playing with the 996SPS
Back decks after a long days ride, nothing better



A shape as definable as the 911, just stunning










I might go and check this one out




Jason on the Britten, and Dave Cole on my Superlight












This is perhaps the most sort after Ducati in my opinion, just a lovely motorcycle 















It looks bloody good in this color, I've always toyed with the idea of doing a modern Ducati in this color scheme, wonderful









Yeah yeah, he was a bit of a prick, but he still managed to do the business every Sunday


A Guzzi in a Bambina, well done job
Now here's a bike we didn't know we wanted, go figure




 





















Well that's this week done and dusted, enjoy week, get out and ride this weekend, have a great time with your mates see you.






















5 comments:

  1. glad you survived the Lizard weekend ,must be a treat to watch those class riders plying their trade ,as we do with your blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grant,
    Time to move the R nine T on.
    Get a Paso.

    Cheers,
    Fraser.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog Grant, sitting with a Glenfiddich so nothing better on on Sunday afternoon!

    ReplyDelete