Sunday 1 November 2020



Well, where to start eh? It's been 7 years this week since I started this blog, by my calculations that makes 81,000 images I've posted out to you all. In that time I have had countless thank you notes, thousands of comments, two complainers, and been banned once by some tosser in Belgium. It never ceases to amaze me that I never seem to run out of images to collect and spread to you all. I guess it just goes to show that you are all joined by this force called motorcycling, and that deep down there is the urge in all of us to create something unique, something that is yours and yours alone. And that was the very base the very heart of why I started this page, was to inspire people with a like minded desire to have something, to build something, to own something that is solely yours. So while you have the same bike as that bloke over there, your exhaust is different, your paint scheme is different, you may even ride the bike in the different way, some tour, some go directly to the coffee shop, some even go directly to jail haha, but you are all driven by a force that makes you want to be a part of the fraternity, and yet at the same time apart from the fraternity. And then, over riding this is the fact that you are one of those..... "Oh you ride a motorcycle, that must be dangerous". That desire to stand apart from the norm, showing the rest of the world that there is something in you that desires a little bit of danger, a bit of excitement, a need to do your own thing, and be your own person. This is what I love about what we do, and I am only to pleased and humbled to bring a bit of that world to you. The only thing that hasn't happened to date on the blog, is that TAG HEUER have not contacted me and thanked me for 7 years of advertising their wares, but I've still got time ( see what I did there). So this weeks blog is a little bit different, you'll see why.

The first image today, is me in Wanganui with my Bevel, and my mates, under cover from the rain, sorting out issues that always appear only on race day. This image encapsulates for me what motorcycling means to me.




And fine food, lets not forget that great food



Any cafe in Paris, you will find a guy wearing a leather jacket and a scarf, it's what they do





And good coffee, lets not forget Prefab in Wellington, the best coffee you will ever have, go there when you are passing through, spend some time and enjoy, Bridgette and Geoff will look after you













I love big sailing boats, power and speed
























kasper, this BMW was seen on all the good BEARS tracks in NZ back in the day
 













Waiting to put out his ping pong bat haha



So now I've owned all three





Dont get a closer finish than this




































My new to me Ducati yeah!!!!!!
If that diff blows, well you can imaging the rest



They really are the only watch to hang on your wrist.


















































And to finish off some images of me and some of the mates I have met through motorcycling over the years, most are still great mates , some unfortunately aren't, but no matter what they are still mates and all because of motorcycling. Apologies for the quality, some of these are very very old.









































































Chemo eyes, 4th treatment in, not a happy place



























My little girl Cros, learning all about Ducati

I'm pretty sure I had the first 916SP delivered, and it came right to my gate, unpacking it with Chianti and cigars



My Bud Haydn, done a lot of miles with this guy in more ways than one







Veg took me for a ride on my 56th. I was not well.









Done a few miles with this guy, my mate Tim.

The yellow hill at Mugello is something I will never forget

IOM TT madness







Burn baby burn disco inferno, this was a 22K barbeque, quite a lot in the day

Young Pat outside the Motegi Honda Museum

Scotty and Radar Cullen in the pits

Pinty and Randy Mamola who accompanied us on our last Long Lunch ride
Lizards on the balcony
Lizards in the lounge funnily enough





The Mickster holding court





Ruapuna in the heady old hay days
Peter in Sydney for the long lunch Australian style
Brian Park a major sponsor of mine throughout the years, top bloke
Rodders and Jayne, these two were so much help when I was in the Isle of Man, came to visit me in NZ









Trailered it home, nearly ready a year later


Boing


Paul Hynds and me Cold Kiwi, Paul was our teams go get it man, anything and everything, he would do




Dave Cole on the Planet Design TZ, this guy can ride


















Get out there and have a good time, you just don't know how long you have, enjoy everything and everyone

7 comments:

  1. Congrats on the 7 years of blogging. I look forward to it every week, especially during lock down... great memories from your past.. Never realise how important they are until you get to your middle to later years.
    Congratulations on being a survivor. Inspirational is what you are fella

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent work as ever. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks as always, this is the best blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lashings of Ladies this week ,to us mere mortal men ,the female form one of the few things more appealing ,dangerous ,expensive and alluring than motorcycles and as similar, to be treated with respect and care or beware they will both cause you harm. ,Some fine choices this week ,thank you Grant Vinten for your years of disciplined dedication to bringing us this fine inspirational blog .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy 7th Year Blog Anniversary! Thanks for all the great pics of beautiful bikes, women and food, I also like the industrial/mechanical/architectural pics as well. I always get inspired by this blog, usually head out for a ride after viewing it. I'm 64 now and have been riding motored 2 wheel contraptions since I was a little kid, just like back then I now still get the much needed feelings you talk about. Freedom, a bit of danger, good friends and a love of the motorcycle itself. I've owned many brands and styles, love the bits that make each one unique, and the motors, love the different motors. Out of them all I have a special place for Moto Guzzis as you do, going down the road on one of those checks off all the right boxes. Well Grant, thanks for your efforts on this blog all these years and your insightful uplifting thoughts. I look forward to this every week! Be well and motor on..........

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here's to the next 7, keep up the good work please..

    ReplyDelete