Wednesday 12 May 2021


Howdy champions, sorry I'm late, but I've been away down in Wellies celebrating my sons birthday and generally catching up with folks and doing some business. So apologies for my tardiness. It seems age is catching up with us all when your children are all over 30. A special word, we lost a motorcycling brother last week. Some of you will know Aaron XR, who tragically lost his life while out riding. A single vehicle incident. I don't know exactly what happened, but it's always a shock when word reaches you. I guess it's always a part of the risk we take when we pull our helmets on. So be careful out there, it's hard enough just avoiding the cage rats and the shocking state of our roads these days. It's times like these I know some people really question their passion, all I can say, the best thing is to get back out and let the ride sort out your thinking, always be aware of who you are sharing the road with, and the conditions that you are riding in. There's no embarrassment in rolling the throttle forward for a while. I know it's been a high topic at the last few Lizard rides, as you realise that sometimes the speeds are getting a bit manic. It used to be the journey, but sometimes the destination with a beer in hand is preferable. Motorcyclists are inherently by nature bull shitters, so there is always plenty to talk about around the bar or fire later in the day. Lets keep that in mind and have a quiet whiskey to Aaron. here's this weeks blog for you, hope you all enjoy it.



















Two of my all time favs from the house of Ducati






I do like the new Lamborghini Diavel
We all had the latest riding gear in the day








This boy knows how to explore the outer edges of motorcycle dynamics










You can never truly gauge the size of some of these super yachts until you see them in perspective with something, this thing is massive






The place where Desmodronics and many many ducati motorcycles were born
















Isn't this just beautiful?



One had four the other 8





































A great shot of an engine going south






To me, this guy was the best of them all



















Racing in the last afternoon sun











Well it's all gone wrong for Rossi, this year. Will it be his last?








Pretty motorcycle

















A little something I prepared earlier. A little hard to believe that it was a total mess when I started with it 4 months earlier































 To finish off this week, the images below are of a Moto Guzzi and a Norton that I went to Wellington to collect. They belong to my father and he wants to sell them, so $9500 for the Guzzi and somewhere around the 20's for the Norton. The Guzzi is a 2013 done 6000 K's, and the Norton is a 1938 ES2 500. Both bikes look pretty dirty in the images that's because it pissed down on the way home and they got filthy. But I will clean the Guzzi up for sure. The Norton is complete and was running when my father rode it into the shed. I don't know how to start the thing.  The Guzzi fired up straight away and shit does it have some Italian horns on it, nearly blew my eardrums out when I hit the button. So PM me if you are interested. I will replace some of the slightly rusty parts on the guzzi, as evident in the photos, but it would only take an hour to make it look like new again.The Guzzi is a V7 cafe.
 







6 comments:

  1. Nice work Grant.

    That GTR-XU1 engine looks exquisite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well worth the wait ,thank you Grant ,particularly excellent,some absolute goddess's and an interesting image of a pensive Wayne Rainey.Makes you think how he and many similarly who at the top of their game ,living on the edge ,can cope with the sudden restriction of a wheel chair .The mental torment !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great effort. Some absolute peaches out there. Bikes and girls. I am inspired as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whats the box thing on the Norton where the gauges were??

    Everything else is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jts a sat-less nav. You write out directions, load the paper on the roller, and manually scroll thru as you ride.

      Delete
  5. Always enjoy these blogs thanks Grant.

    ReplyDelete