Saturday 8 January 2022





Welcome back to you all. I trust the Christmas and New Year festivities treated you all well. It was a pretty quiet time for me it has to be said, but I managed to get a couple of nice rides in and got some fresh air flowing. It's going to be a busy start to the year, what with the ZRX and the Guzzi ready for pick up, the new garage and the ensuing move into that. I got word that the Diavel is going to be written off, so a new bike is in order. Problem with the Diavel is I had it insured for $21K, and the word I got from my insurers was they were waiting for an offer from the company that actually insured it. I thought hang on, I've been paying the premiums for that bike at that value, so I am not too sure if this is acceptable. Not entirely sure where I stand on this at this point in time, but I'll keep you informed. I must say i am looking forward to getting the ZRX back, I have missed that big brute and it's been gone for over a year. But to be honest it's the Guzzi that i am hanging out for, really looking forward to that bike back in the fold. A new Lizard ride is being arranged in February/march down through the Wairarapa, so I am going to take it back to where it all went so wrong. No Touareg and trailer this time. I guess you've gotta have faith. Shit 2021 was a crap year wasn't it? Just got a phone call for a ride over to matamata this afternoon, it's always good to get on the bikes on a day like to day, so I'd better get thsi thing out. Enjoy and share please.








Always loved these big bikes, such great things to ride.

























Always room for more photos of the DB1 here, what a stunning motorcycle











 




On the last Lizard ride, an ill fated one for me.

A few championships in this little photo

It's so bloody good to be out riding with your mates.





Robert Holden learning the art of racing in his very early days










Going to give this a go this year.



























Now just take a moment to look at Aaron's bike from Suzuka days. Just look at how purposeful this thing is. There is nothing on that bike that that shouldn't be there. No waste, no weight everything is about going as fast as it can go. Just stunning.













































You can now buy the kit to turn your 600 into this, pretty bloody cool











You've got to have a big garage, right????






Lucky enough to have driven one of these.



























And a very nice ending. So that's all folks. You may see some differences in the Blog this year as I introduce other shit that is interesting to me, and I hope you will like it too. Things that inspire me, architecture, photography, just some things to gaze at. So Happy New year lets get it on.


3 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you, and thanks for another year of wonderful content.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That gt40 belongs to a mate of mine in Dunedin. The Stratos is my Lister Bell replica fown here in Christchurch.

    ReplyDelete