Thursday 6 July 2023




Well, here it is again, the best little motorcycle blog in the world ( probably). As the colder and wetter weather comes down on us, there are more ways than you would think to keep your motorcycling activities up. The group that I ride with and belong to now has a first Wednesday of the month garage get together. So Garagista has become a part of the social calendar. In general the discussions are lively and thought provoking, and even better when it's pouring down outside. Some of the guys I socialize with have had extensive overseas race experience and the stories that come out regarding the moments in time that you only ever read about or saw grainy images on VHS tapes are amazing. These guys were there and have a particular spin on the situations. It's damn interesting. I thi8nk you would be surprised  at how many people from here in NZ have been linked to the racing circus back in the 70's, 80's and 90's. We've also just been on a wee ride to clear the winter brain fog. Unfortunately we couldn't do 1/2 the ride as the roads were closed, but we all caught up in Turangi on the Saturday night. Our leader had a wee off on the Gentle Annie and was a bit battered and bruised, but otherwise OK. We had a great night out at a restaurant in the middle of no where, Top qualityfood in the middle of a paddock just north of Turangi, it's called the Hare and Copper ( a play on trout flies), and I can totally recommend this place. If you listen hard you can hear the Tongariro river running just off in the dark. We have another Multistrada in the fold too, it seems that as we get older and stiffer the riding becomes more upright and comfortable. One of our rank had one quite a few years ago that went like a cut cat, when I ride mine now, I always think of him and wonder "why did he ever sell it' They are pretty much perfect for the roads this county has to offer. So anyhow hows here the blog, enjoy and ride fast. Oh just remembered over 3000 people viewed last months blog and it's had well over 100000 hits this year, which is pretty good seeing as my posts are somewhat intermittent. I must rectify that. Enjoy











It was a very pretty Honda



This is how they remove the brakes on MotoGP bikes to day. The discs are so large the caliper cant be removed unless the disc is taken off first.













Nice color, liking it.







Kiwi bikes, just simply stunning


I do like this










In a past life. This bike went to Michigan  in the end. Sad about that



































Pretty bike. Me likey









































Mine was the exact same color scheme. Loved it
























I recall, I drank too much, but I was having a good time. I was giving a talk at the NDR, and I asked the 150 odd people if they had ever been to the factory, and every hand went up, so I asked who had been into the race department and every hand went down. I was so relieved (as you can see by the image) as I could say anything then. I did get a bit pissed, just a bit naughty.



















A garage night from last month







Classic eats




A fitting ending for the Blog. Ciao everyone





 

5 comments:

  1. Once a month is better than none at all……but I do miss your weekly postings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always inspirational, blasting life into my veins 😁👍

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to see the blog always thanks Grant, what year was the NDR chat, that would have been great to listen to I'll bet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Best regards Pete Thomasen

      Delete
  4. Outstanding as always, missed you.

    ReplyDelete