Monday 3 October 2016


Well, it's pissing down outside, so what better way to spend the afternoon than with a glass ( or two) of single malt and my blog, perusing the world for great and inspiring images for your enjoyment.
The weather has certainly turned, but at the moment you'd be hard pressed to see it. I gauge the weather by how many people contact me about the bikes I have for sale, and it's certainly gotten quite busy. It's great to see the different types of people who come here to have a look. I'm about to embark on my first round of alterations to the work shop ( already), as I settle in and move things around I find a better place for everything to go. It's a bit like building a custom bike actually, as you work on something, the ideas develop and things change. I'm constantly re-assessing what I should do and where things should go. I get so excited sometimes I cant stop talking about it, ideas just come rushing out. An ex acquaintance of mine would call this process bullshitting, but my more open minded friends will just shake their heads and say "here he goes again". I observed when I was away that every bike builder that I got to met, was like this, a quick sketch on a napkin, a photo of a color, a combination of materials, a pause mid conversation and a look over a shoulder at something driving by, they all notice the things around them, and get very animated when they start putting these little discovered gems into a build. Take John Britten, for example, the color of the bike came from a piece of glass that he liked So take the time to take the time, you never know where your inspiration is going to come from. You never know you may even find it here.
ENJOY





 I get a shit load of inspiration from here.












 It doesn't look so blue here, but by this stage he knew it would be Blue.



 Heading to a bar perhaps?
 Wellingtons Distinguished gentleman's ride. Nice GT
 Weak at the knees looking at this image, a room full of two stroke engines












 She must have come from the chilled meat section.














 Thay say that Pedrosa is gentle on his front tyres, this image tells another story, fuck me.


















 And this is where the power goes, all those little curved black lines







































 An RZ500 engine in a Cagiva/Ducati cross over




 In Northland somewhere live a whole bunch of very nice Ducatis with a rather famous heritage.























 How do they do it?































 This guy is just taking the piss.






 This is my place



 I've always like the images of the Salt flats, there just seems to be a built in solitude about them, a lonely place that is really just there to test a person. It seems to seep out of the pores of every image of the place.












 Freestyle!!!!!
















 I like this concept F1 a whole lot




































A bike in a box.









































































It's called torque




Hmmmm, don't quite know what's going on here,








































A disc brake hidden in a Fontana outer shroud how cool is that?

















I love everything about this image.

































And that folks is that, my glass has been emptied twice since I started which is a good thing, I love good single malt it has to be said. So what did you think, some pretty great images in there, and a bumper issue too!!!!! I guess we can blame it on the rain, why not eh? Well I hope you took my message, got some inspiration and are looking at changing your bike, or your life. As long as you get out there and do something, people that don't will only ever complain about their lot and other people, people that want things from life will go and get them. Believe me when I tell you that life really is short, no it is believe me. have a great week, off to Wellington again next week, so looking forward to Prefab, and The Malt House again. See you if I see you. Cheers. Oh and by all means spread the word, share my blog, let your friends know. Thank you all very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment