Thursday 2 August 2018




How's it all going out there. Well it seems that after nearly 2 months my flu/influenza, what ever, is on the way out. It's amazing how long these things seem to last with me. It's been a busy old week here, I've had a team of workers here putting up a mezzanine floor over the workshop, so that I can be nice and warm in my little cavern, don't like being cold it has to be said. So while the guys have been flat out doing that I couldn't work in the shop, so it's kind of been a week off. Pity that the MotoGP boys are on holiday, it would have been good to sir back and watch some racing, but never mind. My KTM is causing me some issues at the moment, had the dash die and the bike went into limp mode on me which wasn't good for a 6 month old bike. I think it might be time to go back to one of my all time favourite bikes the venerable F800GS, at least that way I can do gravel too. When I sit here and think about all the bikes I've had, it's the  F800GS that comes to mind all the time. Sure its not got 180-HP and its not got all the bells and whistles, but I've had three now and I've given some people on far bigger far faster bikes a fright i the past, so you never know. I've got other bikes that will do the other sorts of riding that I do, infact the ZRX will do the big road tours no worries. Hmmm.......decisions decisions.

While I'm thinking, here's this weeks installment of all things motorcycles, and some more


While shifting shit I found an old SD card and on it were some older images of mine that I thought I would share.

The Moto Guzzi Daytona that I customed up  a few years back. This was when the new tail section was being built.

Me on a brand new TM250, I loved this bike, it would wheel stand for miles and scare the shit out of me like nothing else. And I was so skinny!!!!!!!

My first meeting at Wanganui on a 500 Pantah, it pissed down all day

The two 916SP's at Manfield.

I loved this paint design, Team big balls haha, it was so funny listening to the commentators trying to say this

Me on my 900SS and still skinny. Those leathers are still hanging on my door, but they dont look so fresh any more





Old School





 Kenny came out at this years Suzuka 8 hour ( why don't we get that on TV here?) to ride his old bike. I've always loved this color scheme



Dirt has no calories




Just think there is three people sitting atop that



We call them the 'good ole days', but today's racing is just as good.



The machines that build the machines







Noice

I've got one of these coming in a few weeks time, and I'm going to do exactly the same












Coffee shopd.....mmmm





Now thats a restoration job and a half

A griso perhaps.....Hmmmmm







Scotty doing what he did best.......

Do I even need to say anything, nice work sir...
Although the cut out around the light could have done with a bit more work



I never liked these always thought of them as that typical Honda bland, but looking at this image it looks bloody beautiful


























I've never seen one of these and always thought that they were prototypes, but this is the brochure, so did they sell them?












Bikes are so visual, all the components are there to see, not hidden away. You only get quality like this on supercars, Aren't we the lucky ones?

We did shit like this.....





Nice in Blue


These things were pretty gnarly in the day














Paddock finds


What a great image


Ouch.......


Sometimes, it just doesn't quite seem right, but with a V6 Maserati engine, I suppose you've got to fit it in some how


Cool will always be just that, cool.

On any Sunday...perhaps

I'd have loved to mow the lawns if I had one of these








It's called commitment.....


Still beautiful after all these years.







Yeah, I'll jump it, ...nah perhaps not







Sebring, Le Mans, Indy, I knew about the Sebring name, but the other two, go figure. 38 Horsepower, and when I first rode one I said to the new owner "mate your going to kill yourself on that". 38 Hp haha my bloody lawnmower has more than that.






















Even the wheels in the day were art....

Someone is going to be in the shit.

And on that up lifting note that's another week done, my god the year is flying by fast, the days are getting longer, and it's nearly time for the second 1/2 of the MotoGP season. Stay upright and healthy, and ride very saf....no wait..... ride very fast.

2 comments:


  1. thanks as always. loved the "family" photos. This was a much needed break for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe it was Manlaria. I've had it before and it's pretty bad. Cheers Min

    ReplyDelete