Sunday 13 January 2019


Second blog of the year, I know everyone keeps saying when is it coming out? But its been a bit of a topsy start to the year, haven't had the energy, spent most of my time getting better, then doing things that set me back a bit, but hey that's the time of the year I guess. I have had a couple of things go my way, managed to finally pick up the MHR from Wellington and it is now firmly sat on the floor of my workshop. Can't wait to start on that restoration. Also managed to do a deal on a Moto Guzzi Convert, but I have to sell the KTM first, the owner seems pretty cool with that too, so a win win for him and for me. Thanks Fraser. I've decided that it's time to button back the speed thing, it's ok sometimes to ride like a mad bastard, but I want to enjoy my rides, and with that I want to enjoy my bike, so a convert it is. When I get it, it will be engine out complete refurbish and turn it into a thoroughly modern reliable old bike. That's my winter project. With all of this, it's time to change the shop around too. For those of you who have visited me and seen the shop, I'm moving the workshop area out to the front and spreading out the machine area across the back of the shop to give me some space and possibly put in a small paint booth, but that is just a dream at the moment. gotta get through the next few months finishing off the custom, and commencing on the MHR. It will mean new benches, painted floors, lighting etc etc, so a bit to do. Anyways here we go with this weeks explosion of images. Enjoy


This is the MHR that I got. I woke on Saturday morning with not a lot to do, then decided to head to Wellington to drop a bike off, and pick this up. I drove back yesterday and now my back is crying out for a rest, but my brain is so happy to have this bike in the shop. A thousand K's of happiness for me. This one is from the last batch of MHR' made, something like only 200 odd were made in this specification, you can tell from the wheels, parts bin specials, what was left on the shelves before Cagiva took over, and everyone thinks that this one was the best one of the series, so happy me. And it only has 3000 k's on the clock.



Imagine health and safety on this.




















































What is in that box, hmmmm

George trying out his new Honda, going to be an interesting season that's for sure.




Don't normally put stuff like this, but it made me laugh, so there you go
God, I miss Italy




This thing was a serious A grade weapon when it raced here in NZ, Jason rode it so well.
Check out the rear tyre



























Nice





I always enjoyed the buzz of pit lane, here the Aussie 6 hour by the looks of it, Bob Toomey in the forground




































'


























Nice








We all love a great tool kit, this one is right up there


Pretty little line up








































Great workshop, I could do that








Lovely wiring job going on here, just take a moment
































Ferrari engine 240 hp, built in 1991

























Arrie, takes the inside line























Barn find


These things were dangerous





















This is the convert that will soon be mine, this makes me happy too.










5 comments:

  1. Thank you. Great pleasure to get your blogg each week. Keep up the great work.
    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks as always, LOVE the convert!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome Grant! Love the mix of architecture in there too , even better with a bike appear in it too!
    Keep it mate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As good as always. Thanks Grant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved the way the burgers kept getting bigger.

    ReplyDelete