Monday 21 January 2019


So here it is, sorry it's late Tuesday morning and Ive been a bit slack it has to be said. You see i went to Wellington to pick up that MHR Millie and it's kind of taken me over. I spent all weekend attempting to work out a plan to get the bike started. First thing is to have the engine running, this entailed the old principals of suck squeeze bang blow. So carbs were the order of the day. This being done, I am now waiting for various gaskets and Dellorto cparts which should be here this week. The front carb had been full of water as was the int tract. Luckily the inlet valve was closed so no water passed into the engine. The oil is free of water and contaminates and the engine now turns over. Put a camera down the front cylinder and all free so I dodged a bullet there. Spent a bit of time looking at the bike, and I am amazed at the simplicity of it, it's going to be a fantastic restoration. Then it's for sale if anyone is interested, hint hint. So yes I am late, apologies for that, so without further delay here is this weeks installment. Enjoy and share will you. Just that meter behind the hearse




This is what I've been doing, and the refurbished carb was the worst one of the two!!!









I've arranged to buy one of these as well, in an attempt to regain my youth and some sensibilities to my riding. Of course there are lots of changes to be made, hate the bars and the boards, so they will come off.
This is soon to be in my garage



Poor Johns Ducati, gravel on our roads was the culprit, not speed, not anyhting but gravel around a blind bend. When will we all get up off of our collective arses and start complaining about the real causes of accidents in this country


























































Not normally my cup o tea, but I do remember the early Japanese choppers with fond memories































Hertz in the early days when you could 'rent a racer' for the weekend

















Things go wrong very quickly












Wafer thin




A very young Richard Scott, imagine being a kid and people give you bikes to race, go figure








Just like my very first race bike.




































These things were epic in their day




I might not go for a ride today
























Watch this young man, Jesse Stroud, going places



Looking for this side cover, mine flew off in transport, and by the time I got back to it, it was in 30 pieces
















Just take a moment to reflect on all this glory, still one of the best designed motorcycles in the world














This is called commitment




 Just about perfection









Road food can be the best






Jesus starting to look old in my old days





And that folks is that for another week. I promise that i will try and get things done on time, I know some of you fret a bit about it, so in the meantime, enjoy the weather, the roads, your mates, especially your mates, and get amongst it all, there's too much out there to ignore.
Oh........ planning a lizard trip, this time with some extra curricular activities, about March time, we were going to go down south, but things have not worked out for a few, plus the racing season seems to get in the way as well, so it's up north again. So until next week, see you then.

7 comments:

  1. Great start to the week, thanks Grant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Classic content - keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Grant, Phillip Island Classic coming up so a good start to the week. Cheers, Murray

    ReplyDelete
  4. A day or two either way, no probs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a welcome birthday present!
    Bravo!
    Your assemblages are inspiring.
    67 is the new 55.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent, as always. (I reckon rider 88 learnt that trick from Marc Marquez!)

    ReplyDelete