Saturday 13 April 2019


April, man it's flying past already isn't it? Had a quiet couple of weeks, slowly plugging away on the MHR Millie, it's almost like two steps forward, and then one back. But it's coming together very nicely as bits and pieces slowly turn up from various parts around the world. Had an interesting exchange with a chromers in Hamilton, told him what I wanted and how I wanted it, two weeks later I get a call, "cant do your pipes, they are past it". Well I know for a fact that they are not past it, I guess he was kind of admitting to me that his work wasn't up to it, so now I have to take a trip to Auckland to see if I can get them done there. I would go to Wellington, as I have had far worse done by them and they have been sapristi nachos ( perfect in other words). I hope the work that this guy has done is up to speed, as I can see a potential scrap happening. Did a small ride to Taupo the other day to see our young guns Jacob, and Jesse take out their respective NZ titles, and saw some excellent Superbike racing as well, I have to say those boys ( and girl) are fast, if you missed it, well you'll never know then. But put it in your calendar for next year, go see how fast these 'production' bikes are hauling now, it's amazing. Speaking of amazing, here's this week blog for you to enjoy, share, what ever. have a great week ahead.


These Norton cases are made from solid billet and here in NZ. How cool is that?




Love the look of the Triumph, it's got stanch, it's got style, and most of all it looks like it's doing 164K's an hour just sitting there. Love it









Travelling on your bike, has to be the best way to see the world.








I love pit lane early in the morning, there's something very visceral about that, the anticipation, the nerves, the quiet reflection on the past few nights in the shed putting your baby right for the day.







The most stunning of all the bevels in my opinion


Me want

The Britten streamliner getting built and test fitted



This should be happening in our country. Why not?





















A V4 in all it's glory





A=Sweet dreams are made of these, who am I to disagree



















Some nice MotoGp shots to follow








One mans hobby is another mans obsession









Some people I knew once had these, pretty cool bits of kit














Hmmmm........



Ha ha laughed when this image came across my desktop.






Not very pretty, I always wonder when I see a bike, "what on earth?"







As much as I love spending time on my bike, I love going to places like this too.
Ha ha crack up.









We all miss this guy. Would have made a genuine Lizard if ever there was one.









The very first V8 made





Imagine if this guy was still around, how much betterer would MotoGP be. BY the way an education is importanter





















Nah, not me




Thunderbirds are ...well no actually, I wonder what on earth possesses a man to build something like this.


Oh yes what a find










The late John Britten's house, is now an air BNB, so you can stay there too.

So that's about all from me this week, must admit to being pretty tired, so perhaps time to turn in and get some Z'ds. Have a great weekend and a great week, enjoy your mates, be kind to the cat, and get some last of the summer riding done while you can. Enjoy.

 







4 comments:

  1. Thanks, as always! Love the Guzzis (and girls). Finally got my T-3 going, you were an inspiration. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi grant, i use shiny bits in geraldine, tried so many others inc wellington in the last month and found his work best and most consistent, also gret with alloy and didecast which others struggle with spyda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very informative.. Such a great post. You make so many great points here that I read your article a couple of times.This is great content for your readers. Motorcycles Sales and Servicing in Sydney

    ReplyDelete