Thursday 18 April 2019

 Happy Easter boys and girls, hope you've all had a good week, and are now preparing for the last ride of the summer. or the first ride of summer ( for our Northern Hemisphere brothers and sisters).
Had a quite couple of weeks waiting for parts to be chromed, parts to arrive and to be refurbished, so not much on the bike front happening in the shop this week. All the more time to get this weeks blog done and out in a timely manner anyway. Went to Auckland yesterday to try out a new chromer as the Hamilton based guy was and is useless to say the least. I took my parts to him, and he takes a week to get back to me to say that he couldn't do the pipes, but that he could do everything else, so I say go ahead. Anyways I go over to pick up the pipes a couple of weeks later and he drops everything on the counter and says he cant do them.even the bits he said he could do. I thought you dick, why didn't you call me a couple of weeks back when he decided not to do them, and I could have picked everything up then and had them done elsewhere and probably completed by now. So never mind, wont ever use him again. So MHR is at a bit of a standstill at the moment. I still have paint to do, but I am not sweating it just yet. Had 1 very good offer for the MHR, but I think that I will wait till it's finished to decide on its value and or worth. I was thinking about having a blind auction on line for the bike just to see where it falls. Oh, there's one other thing to my readers, if any of you know where I can find a belly pan for the MHR, it's the only piece that I do not have. There's an image a couple in of the belly pan I need, it's the one with 3 mounting points along its top edge. I am desperately looking for that, every one that i have seen is for the first replicas which mount to the top fairing up by the handle bars, so if you see one, or know of someone who has one let me know, I'm keen to buy.
Cheers , enjoy this weeks blog

























Went to Europe as a kid basically, won 6 world titles and changed the sport Ivan Mauger









 Still a mans bike, if you've never ridden one, you must




 Love the dude in the middle with the Japanese war glasses on

 Still one of the nicest racing Hondas made

 Good work that man.











 How cool are these eh?













 And now Honda has one too. But I'm surprised that it does not fit that well, looks like it was just thrown on, very un Honda like



 Lust

















 An awful lot of racers got to see this view


 In my opinion one of the most beautiful motorcycles ever made. Everything about it was so well designed and made.




 ha ha ha, must have ran over a sponge or something





 Perhaps the ugliest motorcycle ever made, and that's saying something for the real ugly ones out there

 Starting to think I need to order this









 This was the very first 851 I ever saw in the flesh, and they were racing it, I couldn't believe that a bike that cost in the mid $20k was being raced, ha little did I know what was in store for me. Smitten totally smitten by Ducati's and racing them.
 This little fellow is going to go very far, Jesse Stroud son of Andrew Stroud is one amazing little racer and he has the 'it' factor.





 Perfect in almost every way








 Pretty much a perfect garage





 Who didn't?





 Here's another image of Jesse, getting it on , on a 150 Gixxer







 An original Kawasaki ad. Funny



 vapour blasting does wonders to old cases

 Racing New Zealand style, the start at the Wanganui cemetery circuit


 This is what Kiwi's do for fun in the weekends















































 Avalon Biddle, made history by becoming the first woman racer to win a New Zealand title, well done that girl, and well done MTF for the huge support in sponsoring her.









 It was three years ago around about now that my best mate Haydn and his family ( my family too), said goodbye to his dad. His words " I'm going no further North than that beach and no further South than that beach". And true to his word that is what happened.
 A lizard step out from last year. Little did we know what this ride would bring eh?











 GF a spare million, for that is what these fetch now, an original 351GT, the most frightening car I have ever had the pleasure to take a ride in.




 GOAT












 You can actually lead a horse to water...............


 Completeness























 I like the brutality of this build, looks great



 I read the other day that these bikes produced 38HP!!!!!! ha Ha I laughed, i remeber my first ride on one, and I handed it back to my mate and told him he was going to kill himself on it. 38 HP!!!!









Always love shots like this


Well thats me for the week, falling into another hole, happy Easter everyone have a good weekend, and as I have said in the past enjoy your mates, enjoy your nights in the garage with bikes and mates, and enjoy your rides.




2 comments:

  1. Nice bikes this week buddy, a little nostalgia for me with the CX650TURBO....Owned one loved it. And any amount of RD500LCs another of my favourites... There’s one in my local bike shop right now, 2 miles on the clock. Two, 2 miles on the clock...Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete