Saturday 24 August 2019


Greetings to you all, how's the week been going for you all?. It's been pretty slow here, while bits and pieces are away ( again) at paint and powder, so all I've been doing is polishing little bits and pieces and trying to sort out a small electrical fault on the MHR. It keeps draining for some reason, so I must have a faulty earth in there somewhere. Never mind, when it's on a fresh battery it starts like a demon, is silky smooth and a very nice bike to ride. Caught another bug from someone, so that's laid me a bit low, Jesus do I get a cough and a half when it takes me. Pisses me off.  So spring is just around the corner, and rides are being organised. All the places for our Wanaka ride next year are filled, lizards are happy that's for sure. Got another ride coming up soon, the lizards are meeting in Martinborough and then a couple of days running around the Hawkes Bay and Central Plateau. Always look forward to these, and I hope the weather is good for us. I'm thinking of taking the ZRX this time around and leaving the KTM at home, it's about time I got it out and got it going, but we will see I suppose. Well enough rambling, get back to what ever it was you were doing, as will I and see you out there somewhere.
Cheers for your ongoing support, share, like and follow the blog.

Sitting here absolutely gutted, just heard the news that we have lost another Kiwi rider at the IOM, Chris Swallow from Wellington has lost his life there, and I am forced to say, how many more? I know all the arguments for and against this race, and I understand the mind set of the racer that wants to tackle the 'Everest' of motorcycle road racing, I get it. I'm just staggered. feeling rather sad.



Chris Swallow RIP.














 Danny could never quite get the front end chatter fixed on the Honda.



 Above and below, yours for 18 million
































































 This is what it's about, a quiet evening in the shed, playing, no distractions, no nothing






































 What Valentino does in the evening










 RIP that man, Peter Fonda, who gave us Easy Rider

 Is this really a motorcycle? I mean come on.



































 In the day, this WAS the set up





















































No one can say george doesn't try hard.





6 comments:

  1. Never knew Kawasaki made a square four two stroke. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks as always. Get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a smooth rider, RIP Chris. 😢

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally with you on the TT mate. i dont know how the organizers can sleep straight at night. How would you feel takeing vast sums of money from the entrants and KNOW one of them will die... ??

    BYW love your work, where do you find the time ? Lloyd.

    ReplyDelete
  5. cheers,helps ease my transition back to the working week

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome as always

    ReplyDelete