Saturday 3 August 2019


Welcome once again to my little corner of the world, how's it all been going for you all out there? I note our northern hemisphere cousins are in the middle of a great riding period, and we down here are in the middle of our garage period, all due to weather. Some I see are even up in Thailand enjoying the pleasures of riding motorcycles in that part of the world, while I have a couple of friends doing a cross America trail ride at the moment, so good luck to them. 300K's a day for six weeks, that's hard work, but they will have stops along the way. Reminds me of a writer Peter Egan, who was a scribe for Cycle World for years, never have I read a better tale of what it is like to ride, and how to go about taking the simple pleasures from doing that. Have a look at his books called Leanings, they are the most fantastic tales of riding, racing, meeting people, and basically doing shit on motorcycles. If ever you wanted to know what it's like to ride a motorcycle and be a part of that family try them out. Fantastic.
So whats been happening here?, well I've finally finished the MHR and very lovely it is too. It's set for photography next week and then it will be up for sale. I've pushed the NCR Scuderia 900 Ducati up onto the bench and it is now in the process of being torn down for a full refurbishment. This ones only done 9000 k's, so a very low mileage one unit. I don't actually have that much to do to it really, but it will still get a frame off engine out restoration. I anticipate that when this one comes up for sale it will be in the mid to high 30's because it's such a fricking brilliant bike, and by the time I finish with it she'll be mint mint mint.
So, here's this week blog for you all to enjoy, there may be some double ups once again, as I download a lot of images on my phone, and when I send them through , well, sometimes I forget to delete them and go on gathering them, and oops double ups, so bear with me.
One last request, when you get this blog, can you like and follow, as when I publish this, it takes about an hour alone just to get it out there as there are so many groups, so if you like and share get them that you are sharing with to like and follow as well, and eventually all I will have to do is post it the once and everyone will get it.
Oh well it's time to head back into the workshop and get on with the Scud.
Cheers boys and girls, hope you still like what you see, and long may it last.
Oh one bit of news, lots of discussions had in the past couple of days about a trip to Suzuka next year for the 8 hour, lots of discussions. If there is one place I do like going to it's Japan. can't wait, have to start saving.







 Like Jelly beans all lined up

 Doesn't look that comfortable
















 Looks lonely to some, but to others this is what it's all about
 Japan, has an awful lot of Ducati, look at this little line up. And unfortunately they now know what they are worth




 Pretty little thang




 My all time favourite Tag. Why? Cos I wear one.






 My Superlight being ridden by Dave Cole, we had a fun year with that bike, unfortunately I couldn't race due to a slight off at Manfield, but Dave acquitted himself well on the bike. And to keep myself out of the photographers firing line image taken by Mike Breen.











 They kust knew how to transform metal into art.






 Fuel range....forever, I think it's gauged in years not miles. How many years do you get out of a tank? About 3
 Really like the look of this cafe, it's got the right stance





 This years 8 Hours was amazing


 Fancy breakfast, isn't it nice when someone takes the time to make sure that you enjoy yourself?




Look closely, see the little jet running fire retardant along the front edge of the fire



 Noice


 They don't have to be big to be cool

 This is a beast of a motorcycle, sometimes I look at bikes like this, and love them more than the pristine ones, used, thrashed, raced and ridden




 Just check out that engine area, so crammed with...stuff, it's amazing

 Oh yeah, it doesn't matter what you ride as long as you ride.





































 Like the look of the Bimmer

















 Hmmm, not too sure, but certainly hours and hours have gone into this, I guess its good

















 Miss my little Porsche, why the fuck did I sell it? WHY?






 Barn find, pick me pick me
 This guys sorted

 Don't normally like the guy, but you've got to give it to him, he knows exactly what he has to do to win, a true world champion




 






 Cool cake












 Nice little outside bar for the boys
















Holy shit, that bikes not going anywhere anytime soon, one way to get the engine out I suppose, or that hard to reach exhaust packing. What a mess.






















A great image, capturing the essence of what we do, and a fitting way to sign off for the week.

6 comments:

  1. As always an excellent blog. Highlight of the week. Cheers mate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, as always. Congrats on the MHR

    ReplyDelete
  3. The last photo is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bloody awesome Grant, as usual

    ReplyDelete
  5. What is the bike with the upside down engine?
    Really good one this week. Thanks.
    A great way to start my Monday.

    ReplyDelete