Sunday 20 October 2019


Well it's that time again, to get the post out to the faithful. How's it all going out there? Had a good week for a change, jumped in the truck and drove to Palmerston North, bought a new trailer as the last one was just to heavy for me to push around. Drove over to Hawera where I bought my 110th motorcycle ( not counting the ones I imported for sale), this is just my own personal motorcycles, so 110!!!!!!, so anyways picked that up and then drove back to Tauranga, 936.5 k's in the day. I knew when I got home that I'd hit the hay, and boy did I sleep. I'm not used to that sort of strain, I was pretty dopey the next day, but some of you who know me will say that anyway. So I have a new motorcycle, I bought an 850 Moto Guzzi T3, a Tonti. It's been too long since I had one, and this one is just a pure delight to ride. So much so that I am going to ride it to the next lizard ride which is coming up in a few weeks time. I took it along the Pyes Pa road and I just ended up smiling from ear to ear, what a motorcycle. It's funny because we used to think bikes then were so big, but in reality it is quite a tiny motorcycle. Today I did engine oils, gearbox oils and diff oils and then replaced all the brake fluids. It's always the way the last bolt holding on the sump was rounded off, so I had to take the bike off of the stand and lay it on its side to get an easy out to it, but all bolts now replaced with stainless. Always the way. Any ways enough, on with this weeks installment, share it, enjoy it, and when your not looking at this get out in the shed, or on the road.















Not exactly sure how this works, but they are raving about it.




Dr. Payne, a true legend




Our blue 916Sp's looked brilliant


BEARS racing in the day was pretty well loaded with 8 valves






















 And from that a great idea happened....
It's come a long long way







What a cool idea

































$14000 on Trade me, what a bargain. For the life of me, I can't understand why these are so cheap.I mean this is a bargain.






Now that's low











I'm only going for a few days, to buy new parts for my bike
Boom!!!!!!
And here i was thinking that Ducati built underseat exhausts first.








Our new MotoGP champion was trying pretty hard


One way to take the tyre off.

1.5 million Euros, who knew that Red Bull really does give you wings


If that was an alloy swing arm that wouldn't have snapped like that. Apparently the engine management does not work on a closed throttle. This was from a close throttle accident? Really, a closed throttle Yooikkks!!!!!



Moto martin Loveliness


You've got to give it to the masters eh? try and get a set of pipes made like this today







Now this guy used to rankle me, no he really did, but slowly he worked his magic on me and now I think this young fellow is truly a world champion of class. We are blessed to witness greatness in the pinnacle of our sport, and Marq Marquez is a true champion.



A marriage of great minds



















Jacksons farm Wainuiomata RM370 fun, Boing!!!!! and we knew nothing of suspension, settings or set up, straight from the shop floor to the trails.
































This guy could ride, I mean really ride, he terrorized race tracks in New Zealand for a brief while before fading into obscurity










 I like many owned this model, then sold it, and since have really disregarded the model, but now when I see images of them, I go "hmm they were a bloody damned attractive capable motorcycle, and will one day become a classic like they deserve.

















 We all lusted after these GTR's
 Tidy motorcycle, well done custom





Not exactly sure what i had done wrong this time, I can't remember
My 'Woody', I loved this bike, it was so fast


My other love, some where up int hills
Lizards at large, a get together is planned very soon, can't wait.


just some guys getting together for a wee ride, it's amazing what motorcycling does for you.



Unpacking the very first 916 Sp in Australasia, had it delivered straight to my place


From this......
To this
And finally to this








How embarrassing, a journo brings the bike back in and this happens













I wonder what he was really saying, the randy ole bugger


























Well, that's me for the week, hope you saw somehting you liked, enjoy, share spread the word, it's all good. Take cxare, see you next week.

1 comment: