Friday 24 January 2020

Greetings to you all, went for a ride last week and bumped into 4 people who all follow the blog, it was really good catching up with you all. It seems summer is really here, with temperatures well up into the high 20's and low 30's, my ride last week ended up with me sweating like forty bastard, gloves soaked helmet soaked jacket rather sticky, I had all my vents open it has to be said. Isn't it great. Lots of chat going about our summer ride down south for the long lunch, thats on the horizon too. Shit it only seems like a wee while ago we traipsed over to Sydney to do their long lunch.
I get asked a lot as to why this blog seems to only have Euro motorcycles on it. Well it has to be said that Japanese motorcycles currently don't float my boat like Euro ones do. It's not that they are bad or anything, but there really seems to be nothing that really gets me, like an older Guzzi, or Ducati. There are a few older Japanese bikes I'd love to own again, but from the modern offerings there is nothing that I look at and go "wow I'd love to have one of those". So I am on the hunt for a new motorcycle, not going to get another KTM, looking at the BMW's and the Triumphs, nothing in Ducati's toy box at present that excites me ( another Diavel perhaps?), wouldn't buy a new Moto Guzzi, I do like their big cruisers but I'm not ready for that yet, infact I don't know if I'll ever be ready for that. Certainly wouldn't entertain a Harley on any level. 3rd world problems eh? Perhaps I will sell the KTM and put that money towards a boat, or another Porsche. I mean I have the Moto Guzzi, for touring and I've got the ZRX1100 for around town. maybe a Paso, I've always loved them and a nice wee 750 would be a great around town motorcycle. Hmmm now there's a thought.. OH well, lets keep moving forwards, here's this weeks installment for you all, enjoy, share, spread the word.
















The Germans really do make a nice interior, love this sort of shit


Just take a moment to look and stare in wonderment at the engineering on this


Love these Yamahas to bits, I want one




Nah sorry, there's always a motel room with my name on it

The Road, the road















Hmmmm, I do like these






















Pretty Ti.



Lovely work here, stunning



Lots of Carbon bits for Ducati in the blog this week
I wonder what the little box on the top of the swingarm does. It's obviously wired in.


















My Guttzi engine






My Local in the Waikato certainly does get a few bikes through its doors

































































It all seems to work well some how.














Classically simple











RIP Mr Seeley, you made many a man stiff, with just the right amount of flex


My Japanese Ducati friends out having a great night. Aren't they lucky they get to eat Japanese every night








This is not an adventure bike, it's it's own planet FFS.






























































































Robert and Rodney's motorcycle. God it sounded good.

OK, that's all for this week, I'm off to Taupo for some fishing, a couple of fine whiskeys and a wee bit of music. See you all next week. remember Share, like, follow, spread the word.

4 comments:

  1. i see a healthy number of japanese bikes in your blogs grant, and am mindful that by in large japanese bikes are built in a wind tunnel, other nationalitie bikes are built with soul simply

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, as always. Much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent images...pressed all sorts of buttons. Well done

    ReplyDelete
  4. love it ,some of those motorcycles et al look like a handful

    ReplyDelete