Friday 17 January 2020



Hello out there in TV land, everyone back at work and dealing with 'the struggle'? It's been a good start to the new year with work on the Guzzi progressing well. Don't you hate it when you think you are done with all the bits you need to do, and then find that one part sitting under the bench that needs some blasting and powder coating after you have done all the other bits. happened to me this morning. Doh. My engine is away down south at the Guzzi Cafe ( check them on FB). Engine is apart and all the new bits are arriving as I type. Looking forward to having a brand new Moto Guzzi T3 to ride. So my trusty KTM is up for sale, don't need it now and its become surplus to requirements, as far as a touring motorcycle is concerned. Thinking about getting one of those R Nine T's, the cafe style one as my round town runner and local blaster. A couple of fellow lizards have the RS version and I must say I'm liking that engine, big and smooth and well engineered. Did look at the new range of Guzzi, but there's really nothing that floats my boat, and the same with Ducati, can't see a bike in their range at the present that I really like. I could buy another 996SPS I suppose, but a little too focused, nice to have in the shed, but I want to ride, we all want to ride. So here I am, thinking
about which bike to get next and putting out the blog. Must say it's been a real pleasure to have my son Max spend some time and do some work on his SR400 Yamaha, although we don't agree on the right 'look', the bike is slowly coming together, and I think it will look alright. So here's the first for year ( or did I put one out already). Cheers to you all, share, like,  follow, you know you want to.

My T3, a work in progress, black and Matt silver is the go I think.

Love these bikes from Sanctuary, muscle bikes thats for sure







Didn't realse it, but there are plenty of these here in New Zealand


I love these brutes, what a fantastic looking motorcycle, it's doing 120mph just sitting there. Funny how they got it 'right' all those yaers ago, they just knew.

Brrrraaaapppppp
6 G&T's please




Now this is great alloy bending, imagine how long that would have taken.




Honda do build a nice wee jigger











Hmmmm, I dont know

This happens a lot, everyone check your mirrors



Built to go, but not stop





GOAT riding a Honda at the Suzuka 8 hours





You'd be shitting yourself wouldn't you


My Guzzi is getting gear driven timing
















































Apparently this is what happens when Guzzi engineers try acid. haha I had to laugh












Lovely jubbley


Rod Coleman RIP, passed away quietly late last year, a real NZ champion































Cool toy to have in the barn






Nooohhhhhhhhhh
BOING........


















This is what makes your Ducati suck, squeeze bang and blow, clever eh?

Looks well cool in the Hailwood colors










 Be this guy






What a garage, all my personal favourite bikes in one shed.






One of the prettiest Guzzi I have seen










It's just drippingly mouth wateringly stunning





























Some lizards at Wanganui




Very very pretty























That's it this week, I'm afraid, done and dusted, dog tired, time to head back into the shed and sort out my new brake lines. See you all at some stage. 

2 comments:

  1. Excellent blog, as always! Your comments about wanting a "local" bike reminded me of when I had the dosh for a 916sps, (or a 749). Test rode them both and decided to buy a 750ss. What a sweet handling bike! Tight "flick-flacks" were a joy; faultless!(and very cheap these days!)

    ReplyDelete