Thursday 13 February 2020

Greetings one and all. February is well and truley here, so is this weather, it's bloody hot and dry that's for sure. So what's been happening, sold the KTM, I got to thinking that the bike was a great bike and no one will ever regret owning one, if you want to go fast. The main reason for selling it, was that every bike I have owned has a 'zone', where everything works to its best, what it was designed for, and the KTM certainly had a 'zone'. Unfortunately that zone was 140 KPH through to about 180KPH +, and that's hand your keys over and walk material. This is why I bought the T3 Guzzi, to bring that back to 100KPH through to 130Kph. Sure it's there if I want to go faster, but in the real world, this is a safe margin. So here I was sitting with the Guzzi in bits getting turned into a new bike ready for touring at any given moment and the KTM. So I got to thinking I'd kind of like a modern classic for riding around the region that I live in, so comfort ( long distant riding) did not really factor into the purchasing equation. I wanted something for those day rides, even an over nighter if pushed, but really for those weekend jaunts out over the hill to the local bar. So I looked around and in the end I bought an R Nine T racer, kind of a big smooth well engineered motorcycle that has styling cues back in the 60's and 70's. So it is being delivered today  and I think I am going to wrap it straight away, the white really doesn't do it for me. So in amongst the Lizard riding core, we now have a Panzer division, there's three big boxers. So I have yet another BMW in the shed, I just hope it's not like the R90S that I once owned for ohhh about three weeks. Out of all the bikes I've had that one was the worst, so I'll keep you all updated on how I get along.




How can this happen?









































Who ever got chased by these?
























Just pure function, love it





















































Saw one in the flesh last week, a very nice bike, beautifully designed and built, why would you buy a fatboy for the same money


This is pretty cool

















Nice garage, you don't need anymore





Me and Max, playing in my shed, building bikes, loved the few weeks we had doing this











if you were ever wondering what stance is all about, check this bike, it has it in spades. Turn up to the local bar, and no one will look at all the latest offerings to speed in the park. This one has it





















































The speedo out of a Concorde, cool eh?





























































Well it arrived as I was doing the blog. Just done a quick 60 k ride to see how it feels, as I didn't take it for a test ride first. have to say the engines bloody lovely, but the handle bars are wickedly bad, time for some helibars to lighten the strain on the wrists. Or maybe I'm just not used to this position anymore and need to strengthen up a bit. But a pure pleasure to ride, stable, quite fast, lovely tourque, gearbox a bit clunky, but i know that this will go as it beds in. Doesn't change direction as quickly as the KTM, but that's down to big wide bars I'm thinking. So it's over to the wrappers and get a carbon fibre scheme done on it, maybe with an orange trim around the front  like the racing Aston martins, and a few afetr market goodies, exhaust, engine covers, oil cooler covers, Tail tidy is a must just to make it a hundy percent OK. So new things to play with.


3 comments:

  1. Some very cool machinery here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best collection of beautiful people, food, architecture, engineering and aesthetics on the internet.

    ReplyDelete