Friday 21 February 2020


Had some interesting feed back about the blog, last week. How come most of the images are european motorcycles, and racing?. My reply was because I don't go looking for web sites that have V stroms, or  PC800's on them. I search for what interests me, and for stunningly great photography, for paintwork that is beyond comprehension, for the talented bastards that build motorcycles and give us endless inspiration to do the same. So that's why. You all know I have a love of all European motorcycles particularly Moto Guzzi, and Ducati. So my searches tend to gravitate towards those marques. I also have a weak spot for the occasional BMW, as is evident in my latest purchase. I think that most of you think and feel the same. So what's been happening, as you know I bought the BMW R Nine T , and it's actually quite a nice bike. I didn't take it for a test ride before I bought it, infact I can't remember the last bike I took on a test ride before buying, no need really as most bikes are pretty bloody good. You pick the genre that you like and go for it. Trade in deals also factor into it as well haha. I mean if you like Euro cruisers, your not going to go and look at BMW GS1260's are you, or Harley Davidson, your probably going to end up on Guzzi's doorstep looking at their range. Likewise with me I wanted to classic styled cafe racer type bike for little trips around this region it only makes sense that there are only 3 that make this sort of motorcycle out of Europe, and I already own a Guzzi. It has to be said the Triumph was close, but that big motor poking out the sides just gets me, and I have owned a few BMW's before. Maybe next time Triumph.So I guess, before you buy, you need a good direction as to your personal tastes, what you want the bike for, how you ride, pillions or not, touring or not, cafes on a Sunday morning, commuting, fangs out in the hills with your mates in the weekends, dusty trails, and bring all those factors together. We are lucky enough in this day and age that the manufacturers make a model for nearly every situation, and even luckier that on the whole they are pretty capable. Back in the 70's and 80's we didn't have that luxury, this is why you would see Suzuki T500's miles up in the hills on trails, and poor little TC50's in the middle of the desert road being caned mercilessly to some destination unknown. It's why we toured on 250cc two stroke trail bikes. Now days we have an almost endless choice to suit us as individuals. Aren't we lucky. Then, we have the guys that put their heart and soles into customising them, this only enriches our world. Plus we have bacon.




Great color scheme


















Love these little evil nasty bastards























Beautiful restoration work here













































































Not seen one in Yellow before, funny how Italian motorcycles and cars for that matter look good in Red, or Yellow








Some close ups of my Guzzi, it may not excite you, but it gets me fizzing






















Some friends went bug hunting in the Chatams a few weeks back, and this was one of the ones that didn't get away. Fuck me how big is this thing











Style, real style never goes out of style











She's a big job






















And now for a nice ending

See you all in a week or so. heading to Wellington this week to pick up my engine and get my oils checked. I hate this every 4 months, Full service and diagnostics. But I'm still here, alive and kicking at least. Still plenty of bastards to piss off. Haha Ciao

5 comments: