Sunday 18 April 2021


Buckle up champions, here's this weeks blog for you all to feast your eyes on. What a couple of weeks, arrived in Wellington last week for the ride down south with my mates and it all went turtle. I knew the Diavel was not behaving as I headed south, but had it booked into Motomart for what i knew was going to be a relatively simple fix. The bike was not changing down from 4th into third, and then through the two lower gears. I knew it was the selector fork spring ( as this is a common complaint with Diavel's). So instead of heading off to Napier I B lined it directly to Wellington to get it in as quick as possible. Now this is a job I would do myself, but having no garage it's a bit difficult with a fork and spoon in the drawer as my only tools. So got there and the fix seemed even simpler, The cast bracket that holds the foot peg had been bent in a former life and the lever was catching on the side stand spring. So even easier to fix. But when I took it for a quick run the damn thing jumped out of gear on me a couple of times. This is not good, as the guys I ride with all ride relatively fast and the weather was looking decidedly dodgy. The last thing I wanted was to be sailing down hill chasing my mates and having this thing decide now is a great time to find that  neutral. So I headed north accepting my fate, in that I could not do this ride safely. So meet some of the lizards in Wanganui, had a couple of lemonades with them, and headed home with my boot firmly under the gear lever. So parked it up and that's where it sits today. Once I get the garage built, it will be the first bike on the lift and I will replace that damn spring So I missed a great ride, and a good couple of evenings by the looks of it. I live for these rides and to say i was pissed of is a gross understatement. So been home a week now, put my back out, my knees farked, my Guzzi is nearly ready, the Kawasaki isn't going, the only bike I have actually registered and running is my 888, but can't go near that due to my back and knee,. What's left? Oh can't build my garage until I get the correct consents, and I am now three months behind. I should have been busy in there now establishing the place and getting back to building bikes. Oh well, I am sure that you all have similar issues, so here's this weeks blog to take your mind off of your daily lives, enjoy.


There's nowt like a good pie on a road trip
Aaron gets to try out the KR3
Lots of F1's out in the Japanese sun.



A new lap 'record' perhaps haha
You have to admit they build a beautiful car.
Epic when they arrived, everyone wanted one, but many were still on Hire purchased to the hilt GSXR's.
Spare parts on the go
Scotties boards took a bit of a pounding on the last Lizard trip









I remember sitting in the Bellvue on a Saturday afternoon and hearing a crash. Looked out of the window and one of these was sitting perfectly upside down on it's seat and tank.
Fill er up


The Britten is super skinny


I've seen this so many times haha, infact my first ever ride on a bike, I did this, I've just remembered.

























Don't you just love these, if not I don't care because I do.











































Pete D getting packed to go home. Did I mention it was wet.

















Almost perfection. MV do a lovely job.















Roadside steak pies took on a whole new meaning.

It's called getting it down!!!!!!


Budgets for MotoGP are running a bit down with Covid.









Serious rally car, this must have cost a small fortune





Fill er up, and check the tyres.










 









A funny end for the end





























5 comments:

  1. That one of Ben Spies, ugh. Think that’s the one that ended his Motogp career

    ReplyDelete
  2. at least you didn't get a wet ass on the Lizard ride and instead pushed out more fine images for our viewing pleasure

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Effort Sir. Can we please have some Moto Guzzi's next time.

    ReplyDelete