Wednesday 11 October 2023



Hi there viewers, how's it all going? Been running a bit ragged these past couple of weeks getting this Sport back together again, missing parts being or being sent from overseas, that's been causing a few nervous moments. Lost a set of new pistons for a while there, but thankfully they have arrived and are at the engineers now being balanced and cylinders bored. Spokes caused a small issue but thats all resolved now as well. Chrome went missing for a couple of weeks ( under the receptionists desk without telling anyone), but thats now found, finished and winging it's way to me me as I write. So by next week the bike should be back up on its wheels and ready for the engine to be test fitted and sent off to have the top end checked over, valves done, and put back together again. I must say the bike has pretty much fought me the entire way, it's certainly had a past life. But it's coming up fantastically even if I do say so myself. The owner is a very patient guy and he appreciates the time and effort into getting it back to a new state. These things aren't cheap to restore, but I am sure he and you will all appreciate the final bike when it's finished. Once it's done I will do a pictorial of the restoration so you can see what's involved. As for all that other stuff that I touched on a few weeks back ( I've had lots of comments on this), well, I've put that to rest and decided not to dwell on it. There's nothing that can be done from my end, so I have resigned it to the past and moved on. Leaving those people and the situation in the past.
But to the future now, so enjoy this weeks blog.

My kind of garage






Now. some of you will know that I have pretty strong feelings about Indian food when we are travelling around the country with the Lizards. It's not that I don't enjoy a good Indian, I do, but when I'm away riding I'd much rather eat a good old lamb shank with lots of mashed potatoes and a few good ales. because I dont normally eat like that, give myself a few gastronomic pleasures to match the ride, and Indian, well you can get that anytime anywhere. I always say to people when looking at their Indian meals, "save your digestive system a beating and put that straight down the toilet, it looks the same now as it will in the morning". Give me a good old steak, or lots of meat when away.

How cool is this for urban design , every apartment has an outdoors, brilliant.










I met this guy in London, he came into the pub I was working in and had a beer, he'd just been to court for cannabis  possession, I gave him his beer for free. Nice guy and of course a great musician. The boys are back in town.
How low can you go, start mechanisms in place

I dont mind a good bit of seafood either








Rovers did do a great interior back in the day









They were a very handsome car

Kenny Roberts personal showroom. Do I spy a Buckley bike inthere?







 







The news of the MotoGP year, MM is off to Ducati after 11 years with the flying H. I hope it works out for him














Doing it like only Jason could





Had one of these back int the day, they were pretty epic.







Talk about cramming it all in.














In it's day it was a monster





Lovely









The truck is pretty impressive too.







To finish here's a sneak peek.
We did several paint tests to get the crinkle just right
Paint, it's what people see


The devil is in the detail

This is what greets you after 30 years





Well that's all folks, keep it pinned.

6 comments:

  1. Superb as always thanks Grant, loving the sport resto.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely stuff as usual.... what's the Metisse H25?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, that yellow sport build is an amazing thing to behold.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thx for sharing. As usual great pics 👍

    ReplyDelete
  5. weekend bliss arrived, thank you , but on a sombre note the motorcycle legend Tim Gibbes passed to the other side today ,such a gift to our sport

    ReplyDelete