Monday 6 November 2023





I've come to the conclusion that people will judge you without judging their own actions and poor behavior first. It's a deal breaker that's for sure. Anyway enough said. How's it all going out there. The summer months are nearly upon us and the discussions have moved from fuck it's cold, or fuck it's wet, to lets go for a ride. Admittedly I've missed a couple of rides due to one reason or another over the past few weeks, but it is definitely changing.. Roll on the new year. Got a nice ride down south planned early next year, and I am fully intent on going for a tour by myself. Time to load the Guzzi up tent and all and go for a cruise. I'm so over this year and as a good mate of mine just said to me this morning well put it behind you and next year is going to be great. He's right of course. 
The new Ducati single came out this week, I have to say it looks great, but, and isn't there always a but, they cloaked it in Hypermotard clothing which for some is OK, but I would have thought that it would have been better in the Desert X style of motorcycle. I'm pretty sure that that is planned. Great engine 78Hp, revs to 10400, and weighs not a lot. So we will just have to wait and see what actually comes out of the factory. I always have a bit of a laugh when the journo's get to see a new bike and they all fizz at the bung, and invariably there are comments " I'd buy that if they made it", but don't. And when the journo's test said bike they rave about this feature and that feature, but the average guy that buys one invariably find fault with them. I guess being paid to go on a bike test junket does tend to cloud the old perspective on things some what.  
Great to see the SBK wrapped up and the riders off to new teams. Wasn't pleased that Yamaha have let Johnnie Rae ride his new Yamaha for next year, but wouldn't release Toprak rasgatl, rasgati, rasgitliog wouldn't let Toprak ride his BMW as he is still on contract with them. Bit of poor form that. MotoGP seems to going on and on, with some very exciting racing happening at present. The championship is still open, but it's going to take a concerted effort to win it. Moto3 has been amazing, boy those kids ride hard. Anyway here's the bog , enjoy it..























Funny I've owned the next four bikes at some stage. I must have had good taste even then.













Simplicity at it's finest.




































 

This made me laugh out loud, not much makes me do that theses days but this did





















My old 'beaker', had it wrapped and it was a great bike to ride, although it did break my wrist because I just couldn't ride it properly, never got used to that slipper clutch, boy did it cause me issues



Simple, less is more



A home brewed supermono. Lop the rear cylinder off and you're away





Always loved these. Dont think there are too many here in NZ









And a very fine Guzzi to finish with

I had a comment sent to be regarding the blog and that person said that he enjoys the bikes and the girls, but it's all the other photos that I post up that he enjoys the most. The architecture, sail boats under full sail, the planes and the art. Personally I think they are all art. each photo is fantastic purely on it's own merits, a moment caught, and the enjoyment of that moment. That is the reason why I do this. So hope you enjoyed this installment, share, repost, copy and get me more followers.

3 comments:

  1. As a Designer and a motorcyclist this is the best blog out there by a mile. Keep up the good work and don't let the bastards get you down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous as ever. Winter here now in the UK so please keep these blogs going to get us all through the misery until we can ride comfortably again. BTW, the variation in the pics is great, keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You Sir, are an artist. Love your work. I always recommend this blog to my mates to take a look.

    ReplyDelete