Sunday 24 November 2019


Hollah everyone, hows it all going out there. Went away for a bit of a ride last weekend with my riding buddies, and thought that I would take the T3. This much you know from my posting last week. A mate of mine Mike Breen was with us and now a few of the images are starting to appear. I really like the image below, taken on the Dessert Road, it looks like the sun was shining, but we had our wet weather gear on as it was raining a fair bit in patches on the way down. The guzzi, is now as far apart as you can possibly get a bike, frame and all parts painted black are at the media blasters, the engine is about to be shipped to Christchurch for Vince Burrell to weave his magic into the engine and hopefully by mid January, I should be able to start putting it back together again. and maybe just maybe I'll get a few summer rides out of it. I must say though, I've had an awful lot of motorcycles in my time, 110 to be exact,  some I have absolutely loved, some I have loathed, a lot of Ducatis and more then a few BMW's a smattering of Guzzi's, some repli racers, some cruisers, but this T3 has really taken my heart. It's as fast as I want it to be, it's comfortable, it is just a joy to ride, and I guess in a way, it's kind of like a Harley, it changes your perception of the ride, gives you an easy cruisey ride, and I was most surprised to be able to look around and see the country while I was toodling along. My KTM 1290 GT does not allow me that privilege as everything is so focused on the road, so it was a very pleasant ride, sort of being transported on a carpet ride.



He lost the wheel stand competition.our very own SBK champion 111


Breakfast for 25 odd guys takes a while thats for sure

 Akitio, a great place for motorcyclists to stay
 One of the three large houses in Akatio
 Hardly arrived and the crayfish was bought out, a great way to start the day
 This one house accommodates about 24 people, plus there are two other cottages for smaller numbers
 The young fellow from the station caught the Paua, the crayfish and even shot the venison for us.

Pinty digging in


 All lined up, quite a few NZ motocross and road racing championship winning riders in this lot
 Boo Hoo










Speed is where it's at.
Had one of these once, it was a pretty amazing motorcycle


A tesi front end, looks pretty amazing

The first Juan to get his elbow down




























Love this image, how beautiful is this?























This is the Scuderia NCR that I have just finished restoring
It;s now for sale at Classic Motorcycles My Maunganui























They live amongst us.











I have a mate who is hunting in the Chatam islands this week, this is the plane they flew in on. Cool paint job
Wayne rides again



Nice image







In some it comes out early






A 1934 Chicken Coupe



Frazzin Razzin, gona git mah shotgun n blast im, fitting new yellow scabs to the Guzzi






































one of three made, an Egli GT750

Yamaha have always made some of the nicest tanks



There's something so simple about the Ducati 888 Superbikes



Lust




The moment Jorge was finished with MotoGP


F1 header pipes are a thing of wonder $38,000 a side!!!!!


3 comments:

  1. Take your point on the enjoyment of the 850 related to a harley and enough speed for riding enjoyment. I am on my first guzzi. Just had to have one after all these years. A V11 Cafe Sport. Its just so enjoyable to ride at the speed limits and yes you do see a lot more. My first ride prompted the thought "Is this an Italian Harley". Cant wait to see what you do with the 850. Keep up the great blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks as always. Can't wait to see the T-3 all put together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. chuck on a bit of cruisy music while scrolling ,enhances the experience ,bourbon bliss

    ReplyDelete