Friday 1 November 2019

It's late at night and I've been awake for a while ( I don't seem to sleep too much these days)so thought I might as well get this started for the week. The Guzzi is still making me smile, this is good, got some Ohlins coming this week to sort out the 90-150 kph weave, so looking forward to that. Not that it was bad mind, I think they all did that, but I just want this bike to be so right. Bought some panniers for it as well, in prep for a ride coming up soon. The Scuderia is coming along well more of the final bits and pieces for the bike arrived today ( rubber straps for the battery, that sort of thing), it is looking every bit as good as the MHR that I recently finished. I've been through a lot of sites this week, and I am amazed at some of the work people are doing to their bikes, some good others not so. What really gets me though is the critics that just leap all over a bike that doesn't meet with their tastes and they bag the shit out of it. I say 'stop', each bike is an individuals slant on how he or she thinks their bike should look, a show piece to their individual tastes, and I just think its crap for people to pour scorn, even if the bike is worthy of that scorn, fucking trolls really. It is the hardest thing to do, personalizing your bike, but what you have to remember at the end of the day it's what you like and not what others think, if you enjoy the ride and have enjoyed the build, that's what counts. So on with the weeks eye candy and just enjoy. OK???




Now isn't this just the prettiest little Laverda you've ever seen?
two of my mates Wayne and Mike getting down to some two stroke fun
A couple of Brittens , Robert on the Corsa, Russel on the Kawasaki and a crowd at manfield on a summers day


Pretty little DB1








Street racing NZ style


I've always liked this GTR, a very very cool motorcycle



Daytona bars are the best








The new Street Fighter, apparently it gives you wings!!!!





They do look nice, and even nicer in Porsche Grey

Noooooohhhhhhhh













Scotty taking a tumble at Wanganui

My favourite bike at the moment, in case you didn't know.






 70 degrees, a new record, hard to believe that he didn't fall of



 Case in point to my intro comment, not everyone's tastes, except the owners




























And down he goes, Scotty getting cleaned up from behind. Ever noticed how a bike on it's side goes faster than on two wheels? Nice of the other rider to throw himself under the bike to 'save' it.















Maverick binning it at Phillip island, very unlucky not to have won that race, the old 'bin it, or win it' applies here

















 I'll just leave this one here





















 Part of a great days ride, is a cafe, a coffee or a beer, take the time to take the time

Only the Europeans can do this, why I wonder?

And on that note, Ciao for now, see you all out on the road somewhere.




4 comments:

  1. I bet the posh biker at the cafe with his pinkie in the air rides the Harley?

    ReplyDelete
  2. enjoyed this as much as the Safas win ,lots of passion shown

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Grant, just letting you know, I emailed you my address last week.
    Cheers,
    Fraser.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks as always. Love the T-3 reports!

    ReplyDelete